2nd Trimester
Options

First prenatal massage tomorrow. What to expect at 15 weeks?

So I went to get a regular swedish massage last week and right before the therapist started she suddenly stopped and said that she wasn't certified in prenatal. I told her a few minutes before that I am  pregnant.

Do I have to be put on my side? I cant even imagine a massage to be relaxing like that.  Can I not lay on my belly or on my back?

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: First prenatal massage tomorrow. What to expect at 15 weeks?

• Options

I got 2 w/ my last pregnancy... I layed on my side both times and it was fine... not quite as good as usual, but I still enjoyed it! They will put extra pillows around you to make sure you're comfortable. Can you lay comfortably on your stomach at 15 weeks? I couldn't... I've always heard about the "special" tables that have a hole for your stomach if you lay face down, but I don't think they exist. Oh - my 2nd massage was the day before my due date and I went into labor the next day... FYI... it was a great, relaxing way to kick myself into labor... but don't worry, it's perfectly safe if you're having a healthy pregnancy.

Just to be sure, both places had a 2 page form I had to fill out about my health and my pregnancy, and I had to sign a waiver... you might want to make sure they're asking you those sorts of questions to make sure they're on the "up and up"... Have fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have had more prenatal massages than I can count between this pregnancy and last. I had them weekly for the last couple of months of my last pregnancy and they really saved my sanity. At 15 weeks I could still lay on my back/tummy and it was about the same as a regular massage. As you get further along whoever is doing it should have props that will help you be comfortable on your side. The other noticeable difference later on is that I no longer go in for a little relaxing rub. I need them to fix sciatic nerve pain, carpal tunnel etc. It hurts like a biitch but then I feel better a day and a half later.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Laying on your side feels fine and is relaxing, the only annoying part is halfway through when you are comfortable and relaxed and they need you to switch sides.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    For me, the person doing my massage attached these thick mat things to the table that made it about a foot taller with a hole in the middle for my belly. It was really comfortable and I was able to lay on my stomach again for the first time in months! lol :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am a CMA.  Some places have "pregnancy tables," but they are few and far between.  They will do it on your sides, but it is all the exact same and will be just as good, unless you like deep tissue.  No deep tissue for prego mamas!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Cloth Diapers at Nurtured Family
  • Options

At 15 weeks you should be expecting ...the point where preganacy starts. There shouldnt be no more morning sickness. Not really wasnt able to lay on my stomach anymore. Even though im carrying small but its the pressure that comes along with it. Gaining weight should come,just stay eating healthy. (I failed that part. LOL ..) iam eating for three. lol.. & the other things of pregancy comes along with you. Depending on the babay and yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"