Stay at Home Moms

Update...Mirena and Pregnancy (longish/vent)

Well....

I have a mix of emotions now....I haven't told DH...but, I took hellopoppy's advice and POAS again tonight.  Kind of forgot until a little bit ago...and it said..

Pregnant!

WTH??? I'm happy.  I'm scared.  I'm nervous. I'm mad. I'm still freaked out.  Now what?????

I need to call my Dr. on Monday first thing.  I'm sure he'll know exactly what to do.  Either take Mirena out...or leave it in.  I can't stop shaking.  There is no way I am going to be able to sleep tonight. 

We were done having kids.I sold EVERYTHING baby.  Surprise!  I guess this goes to show me that I'm not in control.  Why me?  Why do these sorts of things happen to me?  What are the odds that I would get preggo? This thing was supposed to be the most effective thing out there...well besides abstinance, but who in their most healthy marriage can not have sex??  I kind of want to cry.  I'm shaking.

I just keep saying to myself...now what? I am kind of happy, in a way.  I am scared because this might not work out.  I don't want to get my hopes up.  I don't know how to tell DH.  My gosh...what is he going to say?  He is the one who didn't want any more, more than me.  Oh, man. 

I've got to stop thinking about this tonight.  I've got to try to turn my brain off.  Thanks for letting me vent and get this out.  Surprise.  Who would have guessed?

Anyone can be cool, but awesome takes practice!

Re: Update...Mirena and Pregnancy (longish/vent)

• jallen76 - HUGS!!! What a crazy situation  I can't imagine trying to process all the racing emotions.  I hope you can tell your DH soon - I bet he will join your team and help get through such a surprising event!  Thinking about you!!  Keep us posted around here.  Good luck.  Vent/talk here as needed!
  • Oh WOW! 

I'm sorry that it happened this way. I can see that you stressing out so much over this. It is a very difficult situation. But I'm also happy for you. We all have mixed emotions about pregnancy, no matter what number. 

Honestly it must have been ment to be, because very few women get pregnant with the Mirena. Most of the time it is because it has slipped out of place some how or another. or wasn't placed in correctly.

I had Mirena after I had my daughter. I never had any issues with mine at all and I had mine for almost 3 years.

Overall I know your stressed out and don't know how to tell your DH, but this is a blessing we're talking about. There's so many people out there that want children that can't have them. Im sure that he will understand in due time and be right on the same page, helping you through it all over again.

I hope this helps and I hope everything goes well for you. Good luck! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just want to say that I was almost there..the grief over losing my aunt totally f-d me (and my cycle) up.  I'm fixed (after DD#2 born via c-section).  Knowing that I could possibly be pg...yikes.  I was okay but totally freaked. 

As for odds, our main truck rolled this June, almost killing my brother.  My favorite aunt unexpectedly passed away a week ago.  I want to scream that I've had enough!   Then AF was late....holy hell...I was damn near freaking out.    

I know that a false positive is rare...but give it a chance.  I thought the same things....we have NOTHING baby related, we gave it all away.  

Either way, good luck.  As much as a new baby would screw up our plans, I believed that it was something good out of all the heartache we have suffered the last 2 months....

Good luck!!!

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh wow!  My head would be spinning too (I have Paragard, but after being on TB for so long and seeing IUD pregnancies I know anything is possible).  Heck, even my last planned pregnancy made me think "oh s*%$"!  Things will work out, you know it will, but it might take some time to really wrap your head around it.  Congratulations and let us know how things go with DH! 
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sending you HUGS! I can't imagine the mix of emotions!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You are going to be just fine. I can't imagine what a huge shock this is. When I discovered I was pg with ds2 and had a 4 mo, I felt extremely isolated. DH said I needed to tell my best friend and immediate family right away. So I did the day after my BFP. In a situation like this, you need the support of your loved ones no matter what happens. You have done nothing wrong and have nothing to be ashamed of. (of course people have sex in healthy marriages). You're right that we are not in control and when something like this happens, it's a big pill to swallow. But God who is in control has our best interest at heart. Someday it may be that you couldn't even imagine your life without baby #3. And not having any baby stuff is just an opportunity to shop and prepare. If you had planned all along to have a number 3, nothing would be odd about the timing. What I'm trying to say is that your distant friends will just think you guys changed your mind about #3. People who know what happened won't be that surprised either. Once I got my surprise BFP out there, I realized people weren't all that shocked and no one was nearly as shocked as me. And the more told people, the more they told me that the same thing happened to them or to so and so. Slowly it became less and less of a big deal and I felt less alone. (I'm not saying to tell the world right now but just a few people who can give you support). Also you could try calling the Dr today just to get the ball rolling earlier. Sometimes people are randomly in the office. Best wishes. It's going to take some time to adjust and you'll probably have a lot of crazy emotions in the process but let yourself feel whatever and talk through it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This was me earlier this summer -- we found out our surprise in May after selling ALL of the baby stuff and declaring ourselves DONE. 

I called my DH at work, because I couldn't stand to see his face when I told him.  He was the most adamant about no more kids.  By the time he got home from work, he was accepting of it and by the next day he was getting excited.

We are now estatic over it.   It was a shock, but I'm really glad now.  I would have never been brave enough to "try" for a third child, but I'm glad God decided we needed one.

It will be an adjustment period for you -- it took me a few weeks to get my head around the idea.  Also, garage sales are fabulous for getting baby stuff cheap.  :) 

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • First, Congrats to you! Things will work themselves out.

Second... I am a little scared now... I have a five year IUD in and was pretty sure that things would never happen. Now I see they can and I better not rule things out completly :)

• OMG! You have me scared (I'm counting on paraguard right now)! Congratulations! I'm sure it will all work out!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Best wishes to you!
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • imagealmostjennifer:

This was me earlier this summer -- we found out our surprise in May after selling ALL of the baby stuff and declaring ourselves DONE. 

I called my DH at work, because I couldn't stand to see his face when I told him.  He was the most adamant about no more kids.  By the time he got home from work, he was accepting of it and by the next day he was getting excited.

We are now estatic over it.   It was a shock, but I'm really glad now.  I would have never been brave enough to "try" for a third child, but I'm glad God decided we needed one.

It will be an adjustment period for you -- it took me a few weeks to get my head around the idea.  Also, garage sales are fabulous for getting baby stuff cheap.  :) 

I know, I remember!  Not saying this in a bad way, but maybe you jinxed us.  Wink It's that damn Jillian Michael's and our smoking hot Ripped bodies...Big Smile LOL.

I have been a zombie today.  I am trying not to get to0 emotional until I talk to my Dr.  I talked to DH first thing in the morning...after not sleeping all night. He was mad at first, then quickly moved to frustrated and then we cried.  By an hour later we were laughing in amazment at his "super sperm."  Our #2 was an Oops too, using birth control.     It is what it is, and we will accept what ever comes our way. Glad I told him right away.

I have done some reading on Google, which I probably shouldn't have but it sounds risky in all cases.  And the outcome doesn't look good if they do remove the IUD or leave it in.  I also had some slight spotting this morning too...WTH is up with that?? What if it is ectopic?  My mind is just spinning.  Looking forward to the doctors tomorrow. 

Thanks all for the thoughts and support!  It means a lot now, since I can't really talk to anyone, or don't want to talk to anyone about this.

• I just wanted to say congratulations.  I'm sure you are going nuts right now with all of the what-if's, things to work out, etc...

But a baby really is a blessing... congrats!!!!!!! 

• I'm so glad it went well with your dh. Are you sure that the mirena is still in? Apparently the running joke among medical professionals is that the baby comes out holding the mirena- meaning if you do get pregnant with it in, it doesn't have an effect on having a healthy baby. I don't know if that's totally true or what but google makes things much scarier and worse than they are. Hoping you stay calm as possible during this time.
  • First off, congratulations and hugs!  Secondly, some times things are meant to be!  You've been given a great gift, another little miracle to love and cherish for your life time.  Out of all the families this little one could come to, it's coming to yours somewhat against all odds.  I think that really says something.  Whether you have faith in God or just believe in a sense of fate, I think it really means somewhere out there the Universe thinks that you are great parents and can give this child what no one else can.

Not to say that you're not entitled to mixed emotions, just trying to help you think about the positive side.  As for all the baby things, they're easily replaceable.  A seasoned pro like you will have a better grasp at what's needed more than most shoppers.  Happy and healthy 9 months!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagehellopoppyseed:
    I'm so glad it went well with your dh. Are you sure that the mirena is still in? Apparently the running joke among medical professionals is that the baby comes out holding the mirena- meaning if you do get pregnant with it in, it doesn't have an effect on having a healthy baby. I don't know if that's totally true or what but google makes things much scarier and worse than they are. Hoping you stay calm as possible during this time.

Yes, the mirena is still in.  I can totally still feel the strings, same way I could when it was inserted 2.5 years ago.  I'm hoping your right!  I don't need any more issues!

• Super sperm!  Yes

I'll be thinking about you.  Let us know what the doc says.

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • Wow. All I can say is that I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have had Paragard for 7 months now, and got a BFP this morning. We have sold all of our baby stuff, and were not planning on having any more children. I went in to get a blood test today, and will get the results tomorrow. GL, and hang in there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"