TTC After a Loss

Vent(NTTALR) PG mentioned

So as a part time job i run an in-home party sales business and i randomly will do a party once or twice a month. Today was my first party post loss and i really think i should have cancelled it... i was not really emotionally ready to handle what today threw at me. The hostess and her sister both know me and what i recently went through and they expressed their condolences and i assured them i would be ok to do the party. When i get there to set up in walks in two pg guests... I didn't let it phase me i went on with my work. Then they proceed to have the longest conversation about pregnancy ever and i finally had to walk out and take a few deep breaths and walk back in to cut them off and make them sit down... as i am finishing up i over here the two pg women complaining about how they didn't really want to be pg and that they were just doing it for their husbands...and i overheard the other say "i wish i wasn't pg right now i would rather be getting tattoos" I could not believe my ears and i know i am possibly being over sensative but i have never been more upset... I don't think it was anyones fault how today went down but I still wish i could have just rescheduled for a time when i would be more emotionally ready for that sort of thing.... Thanks for listening i know its long

Re: Vent(NTTALR) PG mentioned

• Oh my goodness. I am sorry you had to go through that. That's just horrible that they would say that, and it's especially upsetting to those of us who have had a loss. Right after my loss, I went back to church thinking I was emotionally ready to go out again, and thinking it would make me feel better. Well I forgot about the pregnant woman who is there and is not far ahead of where I should have been in my pregnancy. Then there were the babies. And then the preacher was preaching on babies. I almost couldn't compose myself. My eyes were watering up, and then because of my reaction, I had everyone asking me after church was I okay (they didn't know I was pregnant yet, DH and I were waiting to tell people). Needless to say, I took it easy after that for a while because that was the point I realized that I was not okay yet to be around a lot of people like that. It does get better, though. I am sorry you had such a rough day!!
    First BFP April 2011, EDD 01/11/11, MMC June 20, 2011 D&C June 20, 2011 Second BFP September 23, 20011 CP diagnosed September 26, 2011 PAL/PGAL welcome
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Getting tattoos rather than be pg??? Ugh! Some people just need to be smacked. I would be upset by that, too. I'm so sorry you were in that situation. I'm glad you were able to make it through, though. I hope the next party you do goes smoother for you. ((hugs))
    photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys... They were both young and i know they probably don't realize the effects of their actions on other people but either way I never said things like that when i was pg. So many women would love to be in their position and all they can think about is wanting to eat sushi and getting tattoos. Super frustrating.
  • wow what an awful thing to say.
  • Ugh. Sounds like a sucky day for sure. I logged into Facebook last night to see two pregnancy announcements. The day I had my d&c the whole waiting room was filled with women there for their c-sections. And it seemed like every woman in the grocery store yesterday was pregnant. Its really annoying. Sorry it turned out that way for you, hopefully the next party is better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"