Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Anyone else's 3 mo old not really interested in toys or playing?

I read to LO and he is not interested in books really. Doesn't really pay attention to them. He does not grab at his toys yet. Not interested in the musical toys with lights. I can maybe get him to stare at his playmat for a few mins. But overall he doesn't seem interested in many toys. I feel like everyone always posts about how much their LO's play and am a little worried because my guy is not really there yet and he will be 3 mos next week. Anyone else have a LO who is not playing much yet?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone else's 3 mo old not really interested in toys or playing?

• nope, my baby is reacting the same as yours.  it's totally normal.  i tend to think that people who talk about how their newborn "plays" with toys or is attentive when being read to is either lying or straight-up delusional. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ekc29ekc29 member
    My LO didn't become interested in toys until just recently, so probably 4- 4 1/2 months.  I bought a Sophie the giraffe and introduced it around 3 months and nothing! Now, she loves it! She also loves rattles, reaches for things on her playmat, grabs everything, etc......it will come, 3 mo is a little early, IMO.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine is just NOW playing with toys.  Hang in there.  It will come...
    Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In the last few weeks DS has really started to pick up interest in his toys.  Hang in there, it kind of happened over night with us.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It really does happen overnight. DS reached up and grabbed the toy hanging off his carseat handle for the first time at 3m 1w, then over the next day or so he realized that he could manipulate things and got really interested in his toys. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Mine just started within the last week or so to reach for toys and put them in her mouth.  She has a vibrating strawberry teether from walmart that is her current obsession.  She just learned how to make it vibrate when she bites on it.  :-)
  • When L was that age she never wanted to do anything including tummy time or grabbing things.  She'd keep her hands folded against her chest and watch things.  It took her until about 4-4.5 months to become interested in toys and to do tummy time without fuss AND roll AND start reaching for things.  All at once.  Now she even lunges at things and she's a little over 5 months.

Your LO will get there.  Just be patient.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"