April 2012 Moms
Options

First Time Moms!

Just curious what sorts of "research" you're doing? I've watched a MILLION you tube videos on all sorts of topics it feels like & I've checked out or requested every book on pregnancy that my local library has! ;) Any other ideas? 

Re: First Time Moms!

• Options
    I'm just reading a couple books.  I order 2 more on Amazon yesterday and can't wait for them to get in soon for me to read them.  That's about it so far.  I have been researching the best prenatal and the types of medicine and cosmetics I can use.  I have reasearched what to eat and not to eat.  I can't wait to tell my friends because 3 of them are pregnant right now and 2 of the 3 have a LO already.  I have so many questions to ask them! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    aec22aec22 member

I am planning on reading some books, specifically What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff (I think) and Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. I heard about Belly Laughs when it came out a few years ago and I have heard that it is a really funny, honest book about what it's really like to be pregnant.

Other than the books, I have also been researching what foods, meds and cosmetics/face washes are safe for baby.

DH and I want to use cloth diapers (more for the cost savings than the environment), so I have been researching what types/brands we may want, how to wash them, how many to get, where to buy them, etc... I have mostly been lurking on the cloth diapering board and going to cottonbabies.com for info.

I have also been thinking about how I want my delivery to go. I realize I can't plan for everything, and that a lot of things are beyond my control, but I've been researching natural childbirth methods and things like that.  

Can you tell I'm a planner? haha! Good luck with everything! Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll probably pick up a book or two after my first ultrasound Aug 9th <:
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imagesnoangel79:
    I'll probably pick up a book or two after my first ultrasound Aug 9th <:

ditto... I'm going to wait to see what my Dr gives me on Aug 12th & then buy a book or 2.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just found out yesterday morning and as soon as my DH came home we went out to Barnes and Noble.  I grabed "What to Expect When Expecting" and "What to Expect: Eating Well When You're Expecting".  My DH grabed "The Caveman's Pregnancy Companion: A Survival Guide for Expectant Fathers".  I laughed so hard.  I told him he could read my books and he said "well I need something from the man's perspective".  He read through some of it at the store and he said "Oh, it says here I should give you messages".  I was like, SOLD, GRAB THAT BOOK!  LOL  :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've started reading "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and I've also done tons of internet research.  DH bought "Your Pregnancy for the Father-to-be" and he's learned so much so far and has shared great information with me as well.  I'm so glad he's trying to understand what I am going through.  We are first-time parents so we both have lots to learn.  My doctor said she will give me lots of information at my first appointment on August 25th. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageaec22:

I am planning on reading some books, specifically What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff (I think) and Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. I heard about Belly Laughs when it came out a few years ago and I have heard that it is a really funny, honest book about what it's really like to be pregnant.

Other than the books, I have also been researching what foods, meds and cosmetics/face washes are safe for baby.

DH and I want to use cloth diapers (more for the cost savings than the environment), so I have been researching what types/brands we may want, how to wash them, how many to get, where to buy them, etc... I have mostly been lurking on the cloth diapering board and going to cottonbabies.com for info.

I have also been thinking about how I want my delivery to go. I realize I can't plan for everything, and that a lot of things are beyond my control, but I've been researching natural childbirth methods and things like that.  

Can you tell I'm a planner? haha! Good luck with everything! Smile

You and I seem to be very much on the same page! ;) I'm also planning on using cloth diapers. My current favorite is the Go Green Pocket Diaper Champ or Champ 2.0. Their website is gogreenpocketdiapers.com. Rumparooz (sp?) is my second runner up right now. I like Rockin' Green Diaper Soap as well. Any thoughts???

I'm also interested in a natural birth - but I'm really frustrated with my options. Our hospitals don't allow water births (which I think I want) so I have to choose between hospital and birth center. :(  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"