Northern California Babies

Pg pre-exhisting condition

Dh 'start date is the first for insurance and his new job. I am ovulating. We are waiting to be safe. However if we got knocked up a few days b4 would they be able to know or refuse to cover. It is state job at a prison.
Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Pg pre-exhisting condition

• As far as I know, pregnancy cannot be considered a preexisting condition on any group medical insurance plan. Does your DH's paperwork say that it is? 
  • We get the paperwork on Tuesday. So I have not a clue.
  • Loading the player...
  • According to HIPAA legislation pregnancy cannot be considered a pre-exisiting condition.  I would double check the paperwork just in case states get some sort of exemption from it but I think it's highly unlikely.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow maybe we dont need to wait.
  • Are you on Cobra or another insurance right now? If there hasn't been a lapse in coverage, there isn't anything that could be considered a pre-existing condition.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageoceanangelbeauty:
    Dh 'start date is the first for insurance and his new job. I am ovulating. We are waiting to be safe. However if we got knocked up a few days b4 would they be able to know or refuse to cover. It is state job at a prison.

Pregnancy cannot be a pre-existing condition as far as I am aware.  We were in the same boat (well, I didn't know I was ovulating, but we weren't preventing.)  I think we conceived around a week before his insurance for his new job started.  So far, we haven't had any issues with coverage and they have pre-approved my upcoming ultrasound. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well late last night we could not resist trying. I have not had so much clear egg white cervical fluid since we conceived DD. We did not get around to it until really late in the evening. We may have been too late but I can not wait for number2 :)
  • I'm pretty sure it's not a pre-existing condition.  My DH changed jobs while I was pregnant and I just remember having to wait the 30 days it took for his insurance to kick in.  I was able to keep the same Dr. and hospital. 
  • With my job, if I were to give birth anything less than 9 months after starting enrollment in my health care plan, the birth would not have been covered. This is one of the reasons why miscarriage #1 was a blessing in disguise!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic My Boys! BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"