May 2011 Moms
Options

I think it's time to put bumpers on the crib

Last night at 2am I woke up to DS crying.  It wasn't his usual wake up cry... it was more of a screeching, yelling, I'm in pain kind of cry.  Both DH an I ran into DS's room to see what was up because we've never heard him cry like that. 

Turns out he had wiggled to the edge of his crib and some how got his one leg stuck in the bars of his crib. His leg, from his foot to his thigh, was entirely sticking out of the crib. I have no idea how he did it. Normally he doesn't move much in his sleep.   I got him free, settled him down and put him back to sleep in the middle of his crib.

Then at 7am,  we woke up to the same cry. He had done the exact same thing... The one leg was sticking all the way out of the crib.  What the heck,   he went from barely moving in his sleep to getting stuck twice in one night. 

Needless to say we are going out today to buy a breathable bumper for the crib. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I think it's time to put bumpers on the crib

• Options
    MrsD1MrsD1 member

Gabriella is 11 weeks and we just started her in her crib this past week. She rolls all around in her crib and just last night rolled from her back to her tummy for the first time. She also kicks her feet around quite a bit and has ended up against the side of the crib with her face pressed up against the bumper. 

We have breathable bumpers and I would definitely recommend them. I feel so safe having them on the crib.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    M takes forever to fall asleep and wakes so easily unless we swaddle her. She's been sleeping in her swaddle me blanket for the past few weeks. No moving and grooving for her, and no stuck limbs. I'm scared for when she starts to roll and we have to stop swaddling!
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO did the exact same thing when he started sleeping in his crib three weeks ago and he is swaddled!  It scared the heck out of me when I went into his room to feed him and his feet were sticking out of the crib.  Luckily, he didn't get them stuck.  We went out immediately and bought the breathable bumpers and they have been great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Same thing happened to us, and we bought the breathable bumper as well. Works great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"