Trouble TTC
Options

IUI #1 ::check::

We had IUI #1 today and I think that for the most part everything went well. We got to walk around our University campus in between his appointment and mine. They did have some trouble inserting the catheter, but I guess all is well that ends well, right?

One thing I did find odd was that no one gave us any indication of DH's sample, no numbers, no "all within normal ranges", not even the volume. So if it were you would you call to get the numbers or just sit back and hope for the best?

Also, we got no TI instructions, my thought is they didn't tell us not to so we probably should; am I wrong here?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: IUI #1 ::check::

• Options

I would absolutely call back and ask for post-wash results. We are given a written copy of ours at every IUI. Sperm is one half of what you need to get PG, and it's best to stay informed and have a complete picture of your fertility!

As for TI, my RE always tells us to have sex the night of the IUI to cover our bases. Unless you were instructed otherwise you should be good to go.Wink

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • Options
    yeah!  Good luck!   I would call back on Monday and ask what the numbers were.   As for TI - it can't hurt! 
     TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would definitely call back.  You want to be informed of everything you can.  As for the TI, we are always instructed to do it the day of the IUI.  Not for getting more sperm up there but just the act of it will get things moving around.  It wouldn't hurt to BD but it won't mess anything up if you don't. 

Hope your 2ww flies by for you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"