Baby Showers

Shower AND a seperate "meet baby" party?

I really didn't want to have a baby shower, I wanted a "meet baby" open house type of thing instead. Gifts are not necessary since DH and I are pretty strict on the things we want and don't want, plus it is our own responsibility to take care of our child.

Friends are wanting to throw a baby shower, and a little part of me would like that too... 

Anyway, would it be bad to have a baby shower hosted by friends pre-baby, and then a meet baby party after the baby is born? I would specify no gifts on the meet baby invites if we were doing that.

Please give me your thoughts/ideas. Thanks! 

photo maymommy2014.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Shower AND a seperate "meet baby" party?

• You can do both. I'm sure most people would like to see the new baby. We never did a meet the baby since most of my family lives so far and friends stopped by anyway to check on us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • IMO, it's fine. The key being meet the baby = no gifts please!
  • Loading the player...
  • I would do both, I'm sure everyone in your life will be excited to meet the baby.

Also, if I was a guest at both, I would bring a gift to both b.c that is just how I am.  I understand how you feel about gifts, but some people (like me) feel weird going to an event empty handed.

photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• The presents may be for you and baby, but a baby shower is really for the guests.  It's a way for them to show their love and support for you and your growing family.  A "sip and see" is hosted by you or your family after the baby is born.  It a simple tea (state on the invite, "no gifts, please") and a chance for your friends and family to meet your little one.  

Most party-goers know better than to cut off tags, and a registry is a chance to for you tell guests what you would like.  Don't turn down a shower, as the people who offered to host have a genuine desire to do so; otherwise, they wouldn't offer their time, effort, and money.  I have hosted several showers/engagement parties and would have been extremely hurt if the honorees turned my offers down.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"