High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Before I forget...

Do you think its a good idea to keep taking folic acid vit. or prenatel vit.? I am on Lamictal and we plan to have kids in the future. I know that Lamictal can make the birth control less effective. I wanted to ask this before I forgot and went to bed.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Before I forget...

• Options

I don't know anything about Lamitctal, but the general recommendation by many physicians is that all women of child-bearing age should typically be taking a pre-natal vitamin or at least a multi-vitamin containing 100% of the RDA for folic acid.

I'd talk with your doctor?

• Options
    My psychiatrist wouldn't give me Lamictal without me being on birth control. I would highly recommend talking to your doctor about that issue. Anyway, I would recommend also taking a prenatal, no matter when you plan on TTC. They are really important for all women of childbearing age.
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no clue what Lamictal is but can't see the harm in taking prenatals.  I've been taking them for years; it's just what I use as a multivitamin (though they don't have enough calcium...).  Ask your dr for sure but I'd bet he/she would say vits are ok. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"