Upstate NY Babies

HELP! WIDE Foam mattress needed for a Europa Baby Cameron Crib

Hi everybody!

I'm hoping that some experienced ladies may be able to help me out! We bought a Europa Baby Cameron crib, which says that it requires the standard size crib mattress (27 ?" x 51 5/8 "). Well, that's exactly what we got when we purchased the Sealy? Select Posturepedic Springfree? mattress from Buy Buy Baby for $199.

For whatever reason, this mattress totally failed the "finger test", and there's definitely extra room on the longer sides. I looked for wider mattresses that meet our criteria (spring-free, preferably with the infant/toddler dual sides), and have come up with NOTHING. I've read on other forums that other moms use the crib bumpers, rolled towels, and even pool noodles to wedge between the mattress and crib bars to fill in the gaps, but maybe I'm not reading it correctly...because that doesn't sound so safe to me!

Does ANYBODY know of a mattress that's really wide and will fit snugly (again, looking for foam!)? I'd rather not order one, so it would be best if it was available in stores!

Thank you SO MUCH!Big Smile

Re: HELP! WIDE Foam mattress needed for a Europa Baby Cameron Crib

• What the heck? I'd rather get a new crib than stuff a pool noodle in there...that is the weirdest thing I have ever heard!

Anyway - I'm sorry. I would call the crib manufacturer, maybe they have some recs. Is it too late to return the crib and buy one that will fit a crib mattress properly?

• We have a Moonlight Slumber foam mattress, but I have no idea what the dimensions are and you have to order it online. But you could find the dimensions online, and it is all foam with the infant and toddler sides.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"