January 2011 Moms
Options

Five for Friday (stolen from 9-12)

Since this board is dead...let's play a game Big Smile

Tell us 5 things that we don't know about you. I'll start...

1. I LOVE watching scary movies about demons and ghosts but then I can't sleep for months.  I saw Paranormal Activity 2 previews where the baby gets pulled up from it's crib and I still get a sick feeling in my stomach when I go check on Emalyn in the middle of the night.  DH won't let me see the entire movie.

2. I bought my first car because it was purple.  It was such a crappy car...but it was purple. 

3. My father lives in a field in Virginia in a tipi.

4.  DH was supposed to be my first one night stand because I wasn't putting myself through starting a relationship with a guy right before he deployed for 15 months.

5. I was "goth" my first 2 years of high school.  I tell people that now and they look at me like I'm insane and say they could never see me as goth. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Five for Friday (stolen from 9-12)

• Options

Yay I love these!  I said these on 6-9 board but i'll be more descriptive.

1.  I'm very superstitious.  For example, I can not put my socks on if my pants are already on, I have to take my pants off to put on socks.  I have routines and I stick to them because I "think" that if I don't stick to that routine I think something bad is going to happen.

2.  I'm terrified of aliens.  I mean like full on crying, trembling and sweating if I see one on tv.  I seriously believe in them and I believe I was abducted.  No joke.

3. I haven't drank pop in 11 years.  It was a dare back in my sophomore year of high school and I just happen to stick to it.

4.  I love the smell of skunk.  Yup thats right!  If I could have a skunk air freshner in my car I would!

5.  I love rollercoasters.  I live about 45 minutes away from Ceder Point so we go there alot.  I love the rush!!

• Options
    imagejuliebean071:

1. I LOVE watching scary movies about demons and ghosts but then I can't sleep for months.  I saw Paranormal Activity 2 previews where the baby gets pulled up from it's crib and I still get a sick feeling in my stomach when I go check on Emalyn in the middle of the night.  DH won't let me see the entire movie.

2. I bought my first car because it was purple.  It was such a crappy car...but it was purple. 

4.  DH was supposed to be my first one night stand because I wasn't putting myself through starting a relationship with a guy right before he deployed for 15 months.

5. I was "goth" my first 2 years of high school.  I tell people that now and they look at me like I'm insane and say they could never see me as goth. 

Please explain...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBrittDay03:
    imagejuliebean071:

Please explain...

1. I didn't see one in 6-9!  Boo!

2. He's Native American and before he left when I was 9, I would spend all summer with him in fields looking for arrow heads.  We also had a small cabin in the woods but really only stayed in it when the weather was really bad, the rest of the time we lived in the tipi. (My parents were divorced at this time, so I lived most of the time with my mom in a house, except when it was his time).  He used to search for Indian burial grounds and would look for artifacts.  We had an entire room of them in our house when my parents were still married.  He sold or donated most of them to museums.  Anyways, he is very much into our heritage.  His most recent wife divorced him and even though his mother offered him to stay with her, he said he wanted to make it by himself until winter, even if that meant living in our old tipi, in a field. He hurt his back or something (we aren't very close so I don't know the full story) and can't get a job and got denied for disability and unemployment so he has no income for an apartment. 

• Options

I am kind of a newbie and will be posting more....So what a great way to learn about me :) 

1. I still sleep with my baby blanket. And I don't care that DH hates it!

2.  I love to vacuum.

3.  This is NOT why DD is named this, but DH grew up on the street Joslyn.

4. Both of my parents have passed away :(

5. I love piggy banks! I have about 50 piggy banks!! DD already has 8!   

• Options

1. My grandma (mom's side) is a war bride, she met and married my grandfather when he was stationed in Australia.

2. I am deathly afraid of spiders, big small doesn't matter!

3. I can't stand meatloaf, can't eat it or look at it.

4. My husband and I are high school sweethearts, met Junior year of high school, I asked him to the Sadie Hawkins dance :)

5. LO is named after his great grandfather, grand father, and father, he is the 4th generation, James Dennis.

• Options

1. I hate condiments of any kind. Yes I eat my burgers dry.

2. I don't like my hands to be wet. When I'm cooking or cleaning or something that requires my hands to be wet, it takes me forever because I'm constantly stopping to dry them off.

3. I like watching Phineus and Ferb as much as or more than my kids.

4. My step mom is 1 year older than me, and she and my dad have a 4 year old (my oldest is 6!). My mom has a 12, 10, and 3 year old from her second marriage.

5. My husband grew up in Austria because his parents were Baptist missionaries out there. He now hates church because of his crappy childhood, and I constantly make fun of him for not knowing "American" things (he moved here when he was 16). For example if you'd say "You're really batting a thousand" he has no idea what you're talking about.

• Options

Is it too late for me to join in??

1. My mom had me 2 months before her 16th birthday. I used to be so embarrassed when people asked me her age but now I love that she is so young.

2. I met my dad/dad's family when I was 27. I had a "sign" while vacationing in Puerto Rico (as it turned out he's Puerto Rican). The day after we came home I bought a report on the Internet, got in my car with DH (who was a new boyfriend at the time), and started ringing door bells. His sister lived in the second house I tried (I could go on and on about this story). His mom, who lives in PR, was actually at his sister's house and pulled out baby pictures of me from her wallet that she carried around for 27 years!

3. My dad has 3 kids that are now 10, 8, and 6. They are young enough to be my own!

4. I haven't had an alcoholic beverage in almost 5 years.

5. I finished my masters the summer I was pregnant. I quit my job right before I had JT. And now I can't stop thinking about going to law school! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"