Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Update to my baby not eating formula...

At our 9 month appointment today, the pedi said the American Academy of Pediatrics decided it's okay to give WCM at 9 months, so we should try to give him some of that during the day with lots of yogurt and cheese...

I'm not sure how I feel about this advice yet, so I thought I'd let you ladies voice an opinion. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Update to my baby not eating formula...

• Options
    What is WCM? We just finished out 9 month too and out pedi told us to give our lo milk (yes MILK) in a sippy and formula in a bottle. I think I may skip the milk in a sippy and stick with water.
  • Options

imagembfirefly98:
    What is WCM? We just finished out 9 month too and out pedi told us to give our lo milk (yes MILK) in a sippy and formula in a bottle. I think I may skip the milk in a sippy and stick with water.

WCM = whole cows milk

Why not put milk in a sippy? What are you going to to with the milk once your LO is a year?

imageXcrisscrossX:

At our 9 month appointment today, the pedi said the American Academy of Pediatrics decided it's okay to give WCM at 9 months, so we should try to give him some of that during the day with lots of yogurt and cheese...

I'm not sure how I feel about this advice yet, so I thought I'd let you ladies voice an opinion.

Is he getting breast milk, too? I have heard it is ok to give some cows milk that early, but I didn't think you were supposed to give just cows milk.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    wow very interesting. well, we'll see what lo's pedi says on monday at his 9 month apt.  :-)
    TTC#1 BFP on 02/19/10 ~ Cycle #6 ~ 17DPO Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options

My pedi said the same thing at the 9 month appointment.  She tested her blood for deficiencies and gave us the go ahead to switch to WCM.  I went with it (It's cheaper!!!).  She loves it and everything seems fine.  

The pedi said that the research suggested that it would be fine to go to milk at 6 months, but most pedis weren't comfortable with that. They were going with a more moderate change by switching to milk at 9 months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    At Ike's appt, the doctor said NOT to give him milk yet.. but to wait until after 1year appt.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I wasn't clear on whether she wanted us to switch completely or try formula sometimes and milk others. I'm sticking with formula at bedtime and giving milk at meals. (DS still wakes up 1-2x to eat, probably because he hasn't been drinking bottles during the day, so I'm going to give formula then, too. Hopefully those taper off soon.... )

I asked "So he should be fully transitioned to WCM by 12 months..?" and she said "I'm telling you to switch now!"  So I guess we'll gradually get rid of formula altogether. 

In response to PP, DS hasn't gotten BM since he was 2 months old. We're just doing formula and now, WCM. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"