Working Moms

Recommend your formula

I am mostly a lurker, but today I need some help: I have been breasfeeding/ pumping for almost 10 months and I was hoping I would make it to a year and skip the formula altogether, but it seems it is not going to happen, my supply has decreased tremendously and I am barely able to meet DS's needs. I was wondering what formula is best or are all pretty much the same?. We are feeding him all organic food and I was thinking in trying Earth's Best Formula. Has anybody tried it? Thanks for your help.

Re: Recommend your formula

• We don't do organic, but I've always like Enfamil better than the others.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • We used Similac Sensitive with DS. I would contact your pedi and see if you could just transition to Whole Milk early. Save yourself some $$.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I know Similac has an organic line also. We are thinking about using this for DD#2. I really don't know if it costs much more than regular formula, but DH works for Abbott, so we get a good discount on all of the Similac products.

You could also ask your pediatrician about transitioning to whole milk a little early as pp mentioned. I know of some people who switch their kids to whole milk starting at 6 months old, wouldn't hurt to ask!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree on asking your pediatrician.  Ours told us its all a marketing war and they are all basically the same. 
  • I am also a lurker, but wanted to let you know I used Earth's Best with DS1 who is now a strong 2.5yr old.  He went between that and BM starting at 6.5 mos with no problems.  I am using some of their purees with DS2 now, I like their products.  I think they will send you a sample, or at least a coupon if you ask.

HTH

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"