Orange County Babies

favorite place to eat/drink (newport area)?

Hey!  My college girlfriends and I are headed down there in a few weeks, and I'm hoping yall can suggest some great places to go at night for dinner and drinks?  My parents have a place in Crystal Cove so we've done Javier's and Mastro's over and over again ... what else is in that general area that would be fun for a group of girls on vacation?  Or maybe further down into Laguna?  We always drive by what look to be neat local places there but I'm leery of trying them out without a good rec.

Thanks! 

the bug & bee blog
(read it. you know you want to.)
anderson . september 2008
vivian . february 2010
mabel . august 2012
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: favorite place to eat/drink (newport area)?

• Laguna

I'd suggest K'ya Bistro Bar at the La Casa del Camino Hotel.  The hotel also has a roof top bar that over looks the ocean.  It is a lot of fun but can get a bit crowded.   The restaurant is downstairs and they do small plates. 

Newport

We usually go to Gulf Stream.  They have a pretty cool outdoor area with adirondack chairs and firepits.  Love their smoked salmon.  It can be kind of "cougarish". 

Crow Bar in Newport is also cool.  They have really good food.  May be more of a guy's hangout.

Sorry, I don't usually get to go out and hangout for drinks.  But when I can drink, this is where we usually go.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Have you been to Beachcombers in Crystal Cove? You park on the east side of PCH and take a bus across to the beach side. It's literally in Crystal Cove. It's nice to be eating right on the beach without other business around you.

I also really like Havana's, which is in Costa Mesa (near Bristol and Baker) at the Lab. They have great food, a good atmosphere, and flamenco dancing on certain nights. 

In Laguna... Mozambique has a nice loungey bar on the top floor and pretty good food. There's also a rooftop bar in Laguna that I'm blanking on right now, but it's fun too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Fancy seeing you over here:) I have no recs as we don't leave the house anymore but have fun on your trip! Don't buy too much at Target:p
  • Thanks, ladies!  We frequent Beachcombers and have tried Gulf Stream, but the others are new to me - I'll check 'em out.  Appreciate the help!

HA, ssinca, you know me too well.  I assure you, we'll also be banking some quality time over at Fashion Island this time.  This is a trip to focus on mama.  ;) 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Pelican Hill Grill is always fun and yummy for brunch.  Also check out True Food and Canaletto  in Fashion Island!
  • Check out True Food Kitchen. It's by Fashion Island, right in the circle. 
  • Id' try The Deck in Laguna.  It's a new restaurant.  The food isn't that fantastic, but the drinks are good... and for a girls night, you can't beat the view and vibe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"