Baby Showers
Options

Baby Shower Summary!

Thank you to everyone for some really great ideas.  Just wanted to post a link to the photos, in case anyone wants to see.

It went really well!  We just did Baby Shower Bingo, during the gift opening.  The prize went quickly though, so maybe next time around, I'd offer a prize for first to Bingo, like tenth with Bingo, and maybe the person farthest from Bingo at the end?

The Harley Davidson diaper cake was the big winner, everyone loved it.   

https://picasaweb.google.com/bubbs147/KatyBabyShowerSlideshow?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMny7dW3-6u-BA&feat=directlink

Re: Baby Shower Summary!

• Options

Wow I love it! You looked so happy and beautiful. And the decor and food was great!!

Did you have it at someone's home?  Congrats!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing!  I love the Harley diaper cake and my DH would love it too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh wow, you gave multipile prizes for bingo?  I'm doing that game during gift opening too and I was only going to give a prize to the first person, or multiple people if they all get bingo at once.  I like the diaper cake idea. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I love your thumbprint tree as a way to see who was there instead of the traditional guestbook.

The cake looked great.The  gatorbread was interesting. Congrats on hosting a great shower.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Options

Thank you!  Actually it was held at the conference room at my sister's zoo (she manages the animal care department) called Gatorland (hence all the gator stuff).  

And I only gave the one prize for the first person to Bingo.  After it was gone, there was definitely some lost interest, and jokes made about being the last person to bingo.  So I was thinking it would be nice to have more prizes next time around. 

• Options
    Thanks for the bingo suggestion! My gift list at MyRegistry.com is pretty massive so I bet I would have the same problem. Will definitely suggest multiple prizes to my shower host. Glad your shower went well, the pics are adorable!
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
  • Options

People tend to bingo really quickly if they fill in their own cards.  I've gone to some showers that allowed multiple bingos.  They handed out scratch off lottery tickets.  lol

You had some great ideas.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"