Attachment Parenting

Dear Sitter.... (vent)

Dear Sitter,

When I tell you C's routine/schedule it is not just so we have something to talk about.  His schedule/routine has been a long time coming and it is extremely frustrating that you attempt to sabatoge this everytime you come.  His naptime is 2, not 1:15, not 1:30...2!  I will be home by then and need to nurse him, so just because you want to watch the price is right or he has become bored sitting in the same room does not mean you can try to put him down for his nap early.  I should not have to tell you twice a week to not put him down for a nap while I'm gone, after I told you the first 10 times, this should then become common knowledge.  If you were to successfully put him down for a nap, he then would wake up hungry and not go back to sleep.

Also, telling me about the 50 times that you obviously weren't watching Coop does not help your situation.  Telling me how he almost dropped your phone in the dog bowl (which is across the house) or how he was almost on top of the table when you got to him, make me wonder what happens when I'm gone.  I admit that C is quick, but even if I'm cleaning the house for 8 hours he doesn't get into as many things as you have stated he did over the past 2 hours.

However, thank you for making me feel better about my decision to put him part time child care and reduce your hours to nothing.

Your's Truely,

C's frustrated mom!

*It just stinks, because she was AWESOME when Coop was tiny and had colic.  She would walk the floors with him, wrap him, snuggle him through his naps, etc.  I guess he has just become to active (aka, too much physical work).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dear Sitter.... (vent)

• imagecstyles:

*It just stinks, because she was AWESOME when Coop was tiny and had colic.  She would walk the floors with him, wrap him, snuggle him through his naps, etc.  I guess he has just become to active (aka, too much physical work).

This exactly....that's too bad because she seemed to be really good when he was smaller.  At least you had a good sitter that was able to focus on your colicky baby. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Time to get a new sitter?

Some people are just better with different stages. Sadly, we had to let DD's nanny go when she was about 10 or 11 months old. I was already on the fence about whether I should quit my office job and go 100% freelance, but the nanny thing threw me over the edge. She was awesome with DD as an infant, super loving and caring and didn't mind holding her for naps until she figured out a gentle way to transfer her to the crib, etc. But as soon as DD started moving and eating solids, things went downhill. It just became so stressful for me to manage every aspect of the day for the nanny- planning activities, making meals ahead of time, etc.- because she just couldn't handle it. And then to come home and find out that they hadn't left the apartment all day even when the weather was awesome outside because the nanny just couldn't get it together to walk 4 blocks to the local playground. Aaargh!

I was so reluctant to go through the nanny interviewing process again, but after 2 months of working freelance at home, I realized there was no way to do it without help. Happily, after some trial and error, I ended up finding an awesome person who is still with us 2 years later.

good luck!

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like you definitely are making the right decision on changing his care.  It always makes me wonder if they can't follow simple instructions than what are they following?  Sorry she's not listening.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"