Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Back from dr appt. (warning DD pics in siggy)

I had my f/u to get the results from my D&C.  The doctor said the testing came back all normal.  But he said that doesnt mean there wasnt something wrong with him.  And he also said he sees no reason we couldnt try again.  He said I have 3 children and I am able to conceive and deliver healthy children.

We have had the genetic testing done and we are both chromosonally normal.  I have MTHFR but I am being treated for it.  There is no reason for my m/c (only have an answer for one of them - chorioamnionitis) and now I dont have anymore answers to why I lost my little boy.

Now DH and I have to decide whether or not we can endure this heartache again and risk another pregnancy.  Would it end with a take home baby or would it end in yet another angel baby?  This sooooo sucks!  I want to go back to not knowing bad things happen in pg.  I want to go back to being naive and thinking that bfp = take home baby.

We could use prayers for wisdom in making the right choice.  Because we dont have alot of time to make this choice since I am 35 and DH is 45.  We are both "advanced' age" which means more risk.

Pregnancy loss sucks, miscarriage sucks, losing a child sucks, and having to make a decision to take that chance of all of those things happening again sucks BIG.  :(

Sorry I kinda vented too...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Back from dr appt. (warning DD pics in siggy)

• I'm sorry :( I will definitely be praying for guidance for you. You're right, it does suck. But the only way to find out is to try again. I wish we could all go back to our "pregancy innocence"
    First BFP April 2011, EDD 01/11/11, MMC June 20, 2011 D&C June 20, 2011 Second BFP September 23, 20011 CP diagnosed September 26, 2011 PAL/PGAL welcome
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I will pray for strength for you and yh to make the decision. I wish i could go back to thinking bfp=take home baby too. ((hugs))
  • Loading the player...
  • I as well have that horrible factor of AGE lingering on my shoulders as well.  I am 35 will be 36 in December and my DH is 44.  All  though we know that we want to try again, I do not have any children (DH has (had) 2 boys from his 1st marriage but was not "allowed" to be a part of their lives as they grew up and he ended up losing his oldest (he was 21) in a car accident.  DH is going to make a wonderful father. 

My T&P and positive engery are being sent your way.... I know that you both will make whatever decision you feel is right for you.  GL... HUGZ!!!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary   tickers
    "The truth IS that the days will be filled with an unending ache and the nights will feel one million sad years long for a while. Healing is attained only after the slow necessary progression through the stages of grief and mourning."
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Many prayers for guidance will being said for you and yh today and in the coming months.  ((HUGS))
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 Natural MC @ 7wks 6days Missed MC @ 7wks 6days, baby measured 6wks 3days
  • LbloomLbloom member
    Here here for pregnancy naivet?! I wish I could go back there, too! I will be a basket-case when we start trying again, for sure. I am praying for guidance and strength for you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"