Working Moms
Options

LO transition to new DC room, need advice!

I haven't been on the bump in forever, need some advice!

LO just transitioned to her new room 2 weeks ago.  New teacher, new nap schedule (from two naps to only one nap - 12:30-2:30pm), new kids. She's 10 months and she's now waking up constantly at night (had no problems STTN before).

Her DC teacher says she is happy there, usually sleeps for her full nap, but when she gets home, she is now fussy.  She also has started being clingy to me when I drop her off at DC, and she was never like that before.

Am I being worried for nothing?  Is this a phase she will get over soon?  Or is she not happy in her new room?  Need help please!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: LO transition to new DC room, need advice!

• Options

The first thing that comes to mind for me is that she's not getting enough nap time.  I remember from my 11 month old being a NB, that if we "tried to keep her up" it spelled disaster for STTN.

I don't have the same day care situation as you - so I don't get why a 10m old isn't still getting 2 naps.  I know my 11 month old sleeps 3-4 hours during the day for naps (2 of them) and STTN around 12 hours.

• Options

Yeah, I was pretty concerned about only one nap too when she transitioned.  At home she still gets two naps because she's cranky without them.  When she was in the baby room, she had two naps, but only slept a.half hour to an hour each time.  So she's never been a good sleeper at daycare. 

Think I might have a talk with the teacher...  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We didn't switch to one nap until 15 months so I agree it pretty early to force one nap.  She might be going through a normal phase of separation anxiety  now and that could cause the clingy-ness. 
  • Options

If the new room is the crawling room, she might have dropped her 2nd nap due too much excitement.  It does take some time to get her used to it.  Mine did as well.  Talk to the teacher about trying harder on getting her to nap. 

Also, have you noticed that she's more hungry?  One thing I found out was that I wasn't giving mine enough milk/food. (Don't get me wrong, it wasn't like she was starving, but it wasn't enough to get her full.) Once I upped those, she started taking her 2nd nap and going back to STTN.  Hope that helps.

The Bitty Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The Roos Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Yes, it is the crawling room, some are walking too. (Although she's not doing any of these yet!)  They sleep on little cot/matresses now on the floor.

She definitely seems more hungry, and she just started refusing her purees, so I'm thinking I need to up her finger foods a lot.  She's normally a bottomless pit, and with the purees I could gage how much she needed.  But now with solids, it's a bit harder to tell when she's had enough to eat. 

Thank you for all the responses, I hope it gets better soon!!!

• Options
    imageSLAM1215:

Yes, it is the crawling room, some are walking too. (Although she's not doing any of these yet!)  They sleep on little cot/matresses now on the floor.

She definitely seems more hungry, and she just started refusing her purees, so I'm thinking I need to up her finger foods a lot.  She's normally a bottomless pit, and with the purees I could gage how much she needed.  But now with solids, it's a bit harder to tell when she's had enough to eat. 

Wow, 10 months just seems so young to drop to 1 nap and no crib.

At DD's center they don't make that transition until 16ish months.  At under a year, are they expecting all the LO's to be on a set schedule that is the same for everyone?

• Options
    My LO takes only one nap at daycare now and has for several months (At home on weekends, he will take two).  We are transitioning this week to the next room up and they said they will still keep him in the crib for naps since he is on the younger side for that class.  The rest of the kids are on cots.  Perhaps a crib is still an option.  I would ask. 
  • Options
    That is how DS acted while he was adjusting to the toddler room last year.  After a few weeks, it started to get better and his sleep went back to normal.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    imageSLAM1215:

Based on your original post, I figured it would be the crawling room.  Some are walking in mine, too but ours still have cribs but their rule is that they have to be asleep and moved into the crib.  Mine likes to play possum and wakes up when they try to move her so I bet she gets left on the floor most of the time.  Mine got moved early to the crawling room since she was crawling over other kids in the infant room.  I tend to give  more food then she needs so the teachers can have enough food in case she's super hungry.  Keep in mind, my LO had a growth spurt around 9/10 month and she grew like a weed.  Hope it gets better!

The Bitty Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The Roos Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"