April 2011 Moms

Stressed Out!

For the last week or so, I've had a rather unhappy baby.  I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of.  He's not happy in his rocker, he's not happy on the play mat, he's not happy in his exer-saucer, on my knee, in his swing, in his crib.  Before this, he was content to sit in his rocker while we talked, read books, watched some tv w/ me.  Or on his play mat for a little while.  We just got him the exer-saucer and he seemed to like that for a while.  I was able to get laundry done, meals cooked, other things accomplished. 

Yesterday was so bad and he screamed so hard, that he broke out in a sweat and barfed all over himself.   He's perfectly fine.  No fever, normal poops, eats like a horse.  I just have no idea what happened to my boy.  What I do know is that I am stressed out from having him so upset all day long. He's always been kind of a spazz baby, always has his legs going, going, going. 

He's also not sleeping as well as he had been.  If I leave him with my husband or mom, he freaks out and screams.   Is anyone else going through anything like this? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mama to a beautiful Baby Bee!

Re: Stressed Out!

• Noah's sleeping has gone to sh!t lately too. He's also drooling a TON and chewing on anything he can get his hands on (including his hands!). I'm chalking it up to teething - ds#1 was like this for a few weeks before his teeth started popping up at 4 months.
  • So he's okay if you hold him?  If this were me, I would hold him, housework be damned.  I'm sure it's just temporary.  He just needs his momma right now.  There will be time to get things accomplished.  Maybe think about a baby carrier?

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Loading the player...
  • No, he's was not happy any where.  I guess what I wrote could be a bit confusing.  He seems a bit better today.  It's almost like last night was the climax.  He's happy and playing today.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mama to a beautiful Baby Bee!
  • We're in the same boat this week. I'm about ready to scream, to be honest.

My mom told me it's just the age - she swears 3 months - 5 months was the hardest phase. The idea of this going on for another month and half terrifies me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"