Upstate NY Babies
Options

Fun Friday Poll- your wedding

I've been working on backing up my photos, and came across the disc w/ all our wedding pictures... so I'm reminiscing a bit about our day! ;)

Wedding date: 

How long was your engagement?:

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?:

What did your dress look like?:

What color were the BM dresses?:

What kind of flowers did you carry?:

What did your BM's carry?:

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?:

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?:

What was served for dinner?:

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?:

What was your wedding/first dance song?:

Favorite part of the day?:

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?:

Where did you honeymoon?:

Re: Fun Friday Poll- your wedding

• Options

Wedding date: 7/25/08

• How long was your engagement?: 18 months
    • Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?: Yes, both of us.
    • What did your dress look like?:  Strapless, sweetheart neck with pick up skirt
    • What color were the BM dresses?: pool blue
    • What kind of flowers did you carry?: lillies
    • What did your BM's carry?: gerbera daisies
    • How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 6
    • Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: yes
    • What was served for dinner?: filet and chicken
    • Did you "smash" cake in each others face?: no
    • What was your wedding/first dance song?: "All I Ever Needed"
    • Favorite part of the day?: Our reception
    • Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?:  If I could do it again, I think I'd elope
    • Where did you honeymoon?: We went on a cruise to the Bahamas and then spent a week in Disney
  • Options

Wedding date: February 21, 2009

How long was your engagement?: 14 months

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?: I did not, DH did. He is so sentimental haha. I had to hold it together because I didn't want us both up their blubbering like fools. This was the same scenario for when DD was born - DH weeping like a baby, me stone cold.

What did your dress look like?: It was a diamond white Maggie Sottero, strapless and very simple with rouching on the top and a little sparkle gather on the right side.

What color were the BM dresses?:  Hunter green

What kind of flowers did you carry?:  White hydrangea, white and pale pink roses, white calla lilies

What did your BM's carry?: White hydrangea

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 6 each

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: No

What was served for dinner?: Chicken cordon bleu and steak, mashed potatoes, green beans

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?: No!

What was your wedding/first dance song?: "I Could Never Love You Enough" by Brian McComas

Favorite part of the day?: Everything! All the prep time with my friends, quietly waiting in the back to walk down the aisle, doing it all with DH, dancing up a storm and being with friends and family

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?: The limo driver was kind of a bozo and I spent the drive to the reception texting my mom to take his tip out of the envelope.

Where did you honeymoon?: Sandals Antigua - loved it!

image        image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wedding date:  5-27-06

How long was your engagement?:  around 19 months

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?:  I got a little teary eyed.. I can't remember if he did too.

What did your dress look like?:  It was all lace, a scallopped pattern, strapless, straight dress.. the train was unlined which was my favorite part.

What color were the BM dresses?: Pink with a black ribbon.

What kind of flowers did you carry?: light pink roses.

What did your BM's carry?: Also pink roses. I *think* my MOHs had brighter pink and the other BMs had light pink, but I can't remember for sure.

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?:  4 of each.

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: 2 FG and 1 rb.. My neices and nephew.

What was served for dinner?:  Oh geez.. I BELIEVE it was a small filet and some sort of stuffed chicken breast.. asiago and something or other.. And some good mashed potatoes. the food was awesome, but i can't remember what it was really!

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?:  no. definitely not.

What was your wedding/first dance song?:  Dance with You by Live

Favorite part of the day?:  All of it really.. But I remember walking into the church and hearing the music.. and it being very surreal..

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?: Nothing major..There was a few tables that were set improperly which I was panicking about at the time but it was really no big deal, and  apparently dinner took a very long time to be served from start to finish. but I didn't notice..  And if I had it to do over again, I might have picked a photographer with a slightly better personality. We had great pictures.. but he was not a very nice guy.. Everyone was annoyed with him.

Where did you honeymoon?: Disney.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    imageNikCole:

I've been working on backing up my photos, and came across the disc w/ all our wedding pictures... so I'm reminiscing a bit about our day! ;)

Wedding date: 12/31/04

How long was your engagement?: 15 months

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?: no for me.  kind of for him when i was coming down the aisle

What did your dress look like?: gorgeous.  it was at the begininng of the pickups on the skirt of the dress.

What color were the BM dresses?: black

What kind of flowers did you carry?: white and hot pink tulips, lisianthis,

What did your BM's carry?: hot pink tulips hot pink roses

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 4 of each

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: nope

What was served for dinner?: filet and crab cake with twice baked potatoes and baby carrots

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?:   yes. we did it to "hit me with your best shot"

What was your wedding/first dance song?:   celine dion I want to be your everything

Favorite part of the day?: the whole thing but dh suprised me with a boston terrier statue sitting at my place at dinner since our bailey coulnt be there, someone had balloons and glitter drop at midnight. i really wanted that and dh told me no so I have no idea who organized it

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?:   woke up with pink eye and went to the ER, limo went to the wrong hotel so we were late for our wedding, the next wedding walked in during our vows and made  a lot of noise, I never reapplied my powder after smashing the cake so I hate my pics after that part

Where did you honeymoon?:   no honeymoon. we got back to VA on sunday and dh was on a plane monday morning for work until friday night when i saw him in chicago

• Options
    imageNikCole:

Wedding date: September 10, 2005

How long was your engagement?: 14 months

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?: yes, I cried and could hardly say my vows... DH did not.

What did your dress look like?: It was ivory, strapless gown w/ some simple embroidery on the body that "faded out" as it went down the skirt.

What color were the BM dresses?: a deep red, tea length

What kind of flowers did you carry?: blood red roses

What did your BM's carry?: white roses

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 4 of each

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: yep, both

What was served for dinner?: guests had a choice of filet, stuffed chicken or salmon.

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?: no, we fed each other nicely!

What was your wedding/first dance song?: Sade, By Your Side

Favorite part of the day?: right after the ceremony when we walked down the aisle out of the church... it was the first time I really took a breath, and then DH picked me up and gave me a huge hug and kiss and told me how beautiful I looked and how happy he was. It was such a special moment... and the photographer got a really cool shot of it.

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?: the head wedding planner was on vacation, and never told me. I was supposed to meet w/ her 2 days before to drop off place cards and other decorations, and she didn't show up. So her assistant was there the day of the wedding, whom I'd never met. She really had no clue what was going on, and a lot of small things went wrong. Decor, music during dinner, dinner service etc. My parents ended up getting some $ back. I guess the women took an unauthorized vacation, and ended up in a heap of trouble. She called me personally to apologize.

Where did you honeymoon?: An all-inclusive resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for 10 days.... it was the most relaxing, glorious 10 days of my life!

• Options
    Wedding date: 09/29/07
    How long was your engagement?:  a little over 2 years
    Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?:  I cried during our vows and DH had some tears when I came down the aisle
    What did your dress look like?:  strapless, ball gown style with crystal detail on the bodice

What color were the BM dresses?: burnt orange

What kind of flowers did you carry?:  a cluster of stuff- lillies, gerbra daisies

What did your BM's carry?: a smaller similar bouquet

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 7

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?:  nope on either.
    What was served for dinner?:  we had a buffet- with a meat and pasta station

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?:  absolutely not.
    What was your wedding/first dance song?: "My Best Friend" by Tim McGraw

Favorite part of the day?: Seeing DH at the end of the aisle and walking down the aisle to "Dancing Queen" by Abba

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?:  The flowers were ALL WRONG...I would have gone with a different florist and my video was horrible- and I was specific in our contract about what I wanted and it still didnt happen...and I would have picked a different salon to have our hair done...

Where did you honeymoon?:  Aruba- it was fabulous...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Wedding date: 9/13/2008

How long was your engagement?: Little over a year

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?: Yes and Yes...haha!

What did your dress look like?: A cupcake.  Looking back I don't really like it anymore and that makes me sad.  :(

What color were the BM dresses?: Black with a teal sash

What kind of flowers did you carry?: gerber daisies.  I love my flowers!

What did your BM's carry?: same

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 5 g's and 6 b'.  One guy backed out a month before.  D-bag.

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: my nience was my flower girl and she was so damn cute!

What was served for dinner?: I can't even remember!

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?: DH tried, but I ducked.

What was your wedding/first dance song?: an acoustic version of Every Little thing she does is magic by the police.  It was really nice. 

Favorite part of the day?: Dancing!

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?: I hung out too long, I should have gotten ready sooner because I felt rushed at the end.  Plus, it got REALLY freaking muggy and we were all sweating!

Where did you honeymoon?: Biggest regret.  We didn't.  We went to Cooperstown for a few days to relax and planned to go somewhere in the spring, but then I got pregnant in November so we never honeymooned.  :(

• Options
    Wedding date:  7/30/05
    How long was your engagement?:  almost 11 months
    Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?:  we both did
    What did your dress look like?:  It had a beaded top and lace skirt

What color were the BM dresses?: Red with a black ribbon.

What kind of flowers did you carry?: red roses

What did your BM's carry?: cream roses with a few red ones tucked in

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?:  5 of each.

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: 2 flower girls- DH's nieces
    What was served for dinner?:  crab stuffed sole and filet mignon and we had a sushi bar for apps

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?:  no

What was your wedding/first dance song?:  It Had to be You by Harry Connick Jr.

Favorite part of the day?:  saying I do

I would redo the whole thing honestly.  The wedding was beautiful but it was more my mom's day than mine.  She took over everything and vetoed so many of my ideas.  I would have rather had a very small ceremony outside instead of a the big country club wedding I had.

Where did you honeymoon?: a week in Jamaica (Negril) and a week in NYC.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Wedding date:  May 28, 2005

How long was your engagement?:  About a year and a half.

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?: No and No.  But we laughed.

What did your dress look like?: Simple diamond white Maggie Sottero that many other UpState Nesties also seemed to have worn.  However, mine was brand new, off the rack (weel out of the box) "private label". 100% identical in style and quality to the original Maggie.   Less than half the price.

What color were the BM dresses?:   Blue

What kind of flowers did you carry?: White hydragias

What did your BM's carry?:  Green hydrangias that were supposed to be blue

Hbow many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 3/3

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer? Yes and yes 

What was served for dinner?: Buffet with ham, chicken, roast beef, etc.

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?: No.

What was your wedding/first dance song?: Can't remember the name right now, but I could sing it for you.

Favorite part of the day?:  When it was over!

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?:  My husband screwed up his voes!  He promised me love and INFIDELITY!  It wouldn't have passed barely unnoticed if he hadn't corrected himself, everyone shreeked, laughed...  It was unforgetable.  Also, my flowers were terrible.  Color was wrong, they were wilted.  The florist was supposed to drop them off and make sure they got to the right people, set up the reception stuff, etc.  She didn't, she just left them in a pew, thankfully someone found them.  I went to the shop when we got back from our honeymoon and it was cleared out, she had basically GONE OUT OF BUSINESS!  I was pissed but then realized I was probably lucky just to have flowers!  I should have tracked her down because I paid a small fortune, but never did.

Where did you honeymoon?: Aruba!  Got to the airport at the same time Natalie Halloway's group was realizing she was missing.  We were surprised when we got back to the states of all the news coverage here.  Interestingly, the details released in Aruba were much more detailed than the details released here in the US.  The initial missing person posters put out by her mother made it clear she was a big party girl, and her group didn;t realize she was missing until the went to board the plane!  Never heard that here.

• Options
    dle927dle927 member
    imageNikCole:

Wedding date: September 15, 2007

How long was your engagement?: 6 months

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?:  I did.  DH does not make tears...true story. 

What did your dress look like?:  Plain on the top, beaded in the middle with a pick-up skirt.

What color were the BM dresses?:  Light green.  I didn't really care what color the dresses they were as long as they went with pink flowers. 

What kind of flowers did you carry?: Hydrangeas, sweet peas, a few roses. 

What did your BM's carry?: The same. 

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 4 bridesmaids & groomsmen, 1 junior bridesmaid, 2 flower girls. 

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: Two. 

What was served for dinner?: Prime rib and chicken, I think.  I'm a vegetarian and had lasagna. 

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?: Nope.  We were nice. 

What was your wedding/first dance song?:  "That's How Strong My Love Is" by Otis Redding.  We walked into Social Distortion's "Ring of Fire"

Favorite part of the day?: Seeing DH at the end of the aisle. 

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?:  SIL was so hungover that she couldn't finish having pictures taken with us.  My sister was tipsy for her speech and it was awful.  But I continue to tease her about it. 

Where did you honeymoon?: Play del Carmen, MX. 

• Options
    How funny, I have been reminiscing too bc my sister's wedding is in a few weeks so she has been asking me about different details and stuff! 

Wedding date: April 14, 2007

How long was your engagement?: 2 years, 1 month (Way longer than I ever wanted, which was why it was so unexpected when he asked!  But I was still in school)

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?: We both teared up at different times

What did your dress look like?:

What color were the BM dresses?:

What kind of flowers did you carry?: no idea, but you can see in the pic

What did your BM's carry?: same

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 5 each

What was served for dinner?: can't remember, but I know the potatos were really good and I ate a bunch of those.  Some type of beef and chicken were on the buffet too.

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?: nope

What was your wedding/first dance song?: Home to You - John Michael Montgomery

Favorite part of the day?: I had fun the whole day!

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?: I would have had an extra hour between ceremony and reception.  I was trying to be nice to the guests, but screw that, we could have had a lot less rushing and enjoyed cocktail hour as well if we made it longer!

Where did you honeymoon?: Sandals in Ocho Rios Jamaica

• Options

Wedding date: 5/29

How long was your engagement?:  1.5 yrs

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?:   No and No

What did your dress look like?: Spaghetti straps, ivory, a-line with minimal beading

What color were the BM dresses?: Purple, my favorite color

What kind of flowers did you carry?: Variations of white roses

What did your BM's carry?: Hydrangea, lisanthus, etc.

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 3/4

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: No

What was served for dinner?:   Buffet with stuffed chicken and other stuff (can't remember), but we picked the place because of the awesome food.

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?: No

What was your wedding/first dance song?: The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra

Favorite part of the day?: in the car with DH after the wedding was over

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?:  Our photos didn't come out.  Nothing else bad really happened.  I would do a million things differently now though.

Where did you honeymoon?: Riviera Maya, Mexico.
  • Options
    imageNikCole:

Wedding date: October 7, 2006

How long was your engagement?: Just over 2 years (engaged 8/10/04)

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?: Yes I did, but not as bad as I thought I would!  DH teared up reading his vows.

What did your dress look like?: Plain ivory with straps, small ribbon around the waist with crystal detail where the ribbon tied. 

What color were the BM dresses?: Apple from David's

What kind of flowers did you carry?: I carried red gerbera daisies

What did your BM's carry?: White gerbera daisies

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 4 on each side

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: Neither

What was served for dinner?: We had our reception at a local German Club and had saurbraten and spetzel along with baked chicken, green beans and salad.  It was served family style.  The food was made by these little old German ladies and was sooooo yummy!  My Mom surprised DH by giving him his own dish of peas b/c they're his favorite, lol!

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?: No but DH hid some frosting on his finger and wiped it on my nose after feeding me my cake.  It made for some cute pics.

What was your wedding/first dance song?: "I Cross My Heart" by George Strait

Favorite part of the day?: Oh gosh, I loved everything about that day.  The weather was absolutely perfect, low 70s, sunshine and a nice breeze.

I would have gotten a fancier dress and added another friend as a BM.  Our judge showed up 30 minutes late b/c he thought the ceremony was at 4:30.  It worked out well though b/c DH had a chance to mingle with our guests beforehand.

Where did you honeymoon?: Couple Swept Away, Negril, Jamaica  We're planning a trip back for our 10 year anniversary!

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options

Wedding date: April 8th, 2006

How long was your engagement?: Just over 13 months

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?: Me-yes. DH teared up.

What did your dress look like?: Strapless A-line Maggie gown. It had 3 tiers of flat lace down the bottom. It was named "Chantilly".

What color were the BM dresses?: Deep Red

What kind of flowers did you carry?: I carried multi-colored roses

What did your BM's carry?: multi-colored roses as well

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 2 on my side, 1 on his side. We decided to keep the wedding party small since most of our friends and family were traveling from far away to come.

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: Yes-both

What was served for dinner?: Choice between prime rib, chicken florentine, or a vegetable quiche for the vegetarians. 

What was your wedding/first dance song?: "I 'll Be" by Edwin McCain

Favorite part of the day?: Everything. The day was perfect. We even had fantastic weather. Low 70's/early 60's for the beginning of April.

Nothing bad went wrong. The only complaint was that the shuttle service the hotel provided to and from the reception flaked on the "to" part. So many people ended up driving there. I also would have come back to the east coast to do my wedding gown shopping with my BFF and my sister. I did most of it alone where I lived. I think I would have liked that special time with my close friends and family.

Where did you honeymoon?: Hawaii. Kauai and Maui. It was the best trip ever.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Wedding date: August 19, 2006

How long was your engagement?: 20 Months

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?: I teared up a little walking down the isle, but we both remained composed during the ceremony

What did your dress look like?: Strapless Plain bodice, dropped waist with 4 tiered layers of chiffon

What color were the BM dresses?: Meadow Green

What kind of flowers did you carry?: Bright Colored mix

What did your BM's carry?: same but smaller

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 5 of each

What was served for dinner?: choice of chicken, beef, fish or vegetarian with the usual veggie and potato

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?: no

What was your wedding/first dance song?: "When did you fall in love with me" by Chris Rice

Favorite part of the day?: All of it!  and afterwards when we got home and DH and two groomsmen took 80-something bobby pins out of my hair.

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?: They forgot to lay down the isle runner, which I had made.  It rained, so we couldn't take pictures outside where I wanted.

Where did you honeymoon?: The Buccaneer, St. Croix, USVI

• Options

Wedding date: 9/29/07

How long was your engagement?: A month shy of 2 years...way too long, allowed for a lot of family drama on DH's side.

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?: Surprisingly no, I cried so much at my brothers and nothing at my own. DH did as I was coming down the aisle, he claims he did not by my mom has a nice photo of him :)

What did your dress look like?: It was a strapless ball gown with tons of pick ups and a lot of pearl accents. I loved it, it was exactly what I wanted. I still love it.

What color were the BM dresses?: Apple Red.

What kind of flowers did you carry?: I carried red roses with white stephanotis with the peal center. The stems were wrapped in white ribbon.

What did your BM's carry?: My BM's had red roses with white gerber daisys. The stems were wrapped in red ribbon to match the dresses.

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 4 groomsmen, 4 bridesmaids and a junior bridesmaid.

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: 2 flower girls and 2 ring bearers.

What was served for dinner?: I remember BBQ chicken, veggies, au gratin potatos I think. Salad, and there was another meat that I can not remember.

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?: No we both agreed not to, but I did get frosting on his nose.

What was your wedding/first dance song?: Keith Urban's Making Memories of Us.

Favorite part of the day?: I don't know if I have a favorite, the whole day was wonderful and went off with out a hitch for the most part. Probably walking down the aisle with my father towards the man I was marrying.

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?: We did a candy buffet that was suppose to be covered until after dinner. It was never covered and by the time we came in for the reception it was completly gone, we never saw it and out photographer never got a picture of it.

Where did you honeymoon?: Disney! We had the best time, so much so we went back for our one year anniversary.

• Options

Wedding date: October 4, 2008

How long was your engagement?: 2 years exactly

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?: I teared up and so did DH

What did your dress look like?: Strapless and ivory with beading.
    What color were the BM dresses?: Dark brown with champange sashes. Tea length

What kind of flowers did you carry?: I carried ivory roses

What did your BM's carry?: fall colored roses and other flowers with something funky in it too - i don't remember
    How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 5 on each side.  

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: 2 flowers girls and no ringer bearer

What was served for dinner?: Filet, chicken with something stuffed inside, fish, and veg option 

What was your wedding/first dance song?: "What are you doing the rest of your life?"
    Favorite part of the day?: It was a lovely day.  We had beautiful pictures and good food and everyone had fun (at least that is what they told me).

They only thing that happened which was sad was that the old timey car that we reserved broke down on the way to pick me up. :(  

Where did you honeymoon?: St. Martin - ahhhh - I'm almost relaxed thinking about it.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Wedding date: 5/7/05

How long was your engagement?: 

Did you cry during the ceremony? Nope Did SO?: Nope

What did your dress look like?: It was an ivory strapless dress. 

What color were the BM dresses?: Black

What kind of flowers did you carry?: White tulips and white calla lillies

What did your BM's carry?: Pink peonies

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?:  4 groomsmen and 6 bridesmaids

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: flower girl

What was served for dinner?: fileg mignon, chicken or salmon (I can't remember!!) and vegetable phyllo were the choices.

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?: Nope

What was your wedding/first dance song?: "Let's stay together"- which is a funny title for a wedding song looking back.  I love that song though!!!

Favorite part of the day?:  Oh gosh....hard to choose

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?:  Everything went perfectly.  If I could do one thing different it would be to spend less money on other things and get a band instead of a DJ.  Our DJ was great but there's just something about a live band.

Where did you honeymoon?: Mexico

Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageNikCole:

Wedding date: 7/19/08

How long was your engagement?: We got engaged 12/16/06 so about 19months or so

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?: I cried when I walked down the aisle. DH didn't cry at all

What did your dress look like?:  Loved my dress-satin with a chiffon layer over it. It had removable straps so I wore them for church but not the reception (cap sleeves sort of). The dress gathered under the bust area where there was some beadwork. I just loved it!

What color were the BM dresses?:   Red

What kind of flowers did you carry?: I carried red roses

What did your BM's carry?: oh boy-a mix of stuff in bright colors

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?:  MOH, 4 BM and flower girl

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: 1 FG, 2 RB

What was served for dinner?: It was a sit down-choice of steak, chicken or salmon

What was your wedding/first dance song?:  "At Last" 

favorite part of the day: I loved it all-just being with DH and seeing so many people sharing in our special day
    Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?:  It rained during our outdoor pics, but I couldn't control that!

Where did you honeymoon?: Aruba-loved it!

• Options

Wedding date: October 19, 2002

How long was your engagement?: 1 year

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?: No

What did your dress look like?: Very flowy and white. A line with lots of lace.

What color were the BM dresses?:  Plum

What kind of flowers did you carry?:  My bouquet was made of feathers, feather roses and then some filler fake flowers. I still have it.

What did your BM's carry?: 6 feather roses tied together with a long ribbon.

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 8 each side

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: yes 2 ring bearers and 2 flower girls

What was served for dinner?: prime rib (receptions was a ricks prime rib). Also chicken dish, pasta, and the other usual buffet foods. It was delish:)

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?: Yup, his co-workers all gave me 10 bucks to smash. I still didn't want to, but then the pot raised to 200 dollars!! DH was so mad:) But I pointed and told him they made me do it.

What was your wedding/first dance song?: "From this moment on" by shania twain

Favorite part of the day?: The reception, it was so much fun. We rocked until 2am when the bar closed down. We had open bar so everyone pretty much stayed. It was such a fun night.

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?: The limo had a bachlor party in it the night before. They had strippers, did not clean it well...enough said. Then he made me late to my own wedding, and the driver forgot me and DH and we hitched a ride with the photographer to the wedding reception.

Where did you honeymoon?: Disney cruise, I do not recommend it. I got food poisoning and they messed up the room. We got a refund and went on a royal Caribbean later the next year and had a fabulous time. 

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Options
    imageNikCole:

Wedding date: 9/15/06

How long was your engagement?: One year and three months

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?: I did. I cry at everything!

What did your dress look like?: Very simple. Chiffon, strapless, a-line with side ruching (sp?). No beads, no lace.

What color were the BM dresses?: Amethyst

What kind of flowers did you carry?: Amethyst calla lilies, white hydrangea and cream/lavendar roses.

What did your BM's carry?: I think the same just no callas.

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 5 groomsmen, 4 bm's

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: 2 flower girls, they are twins

What was served for dinner?: Filet mignon and salmon with beurre blanc

What was your wedding/first dance song?: I Cross My Heart by George Strait

Favorite part of the day?: Seeing DH for the first time.

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?: A friend was dancing too close to me and she stepped on my dress and ripped it. But, I ended up using it for a baptism gown anyway so it ended up not being too big of a deal. 

Where did you honeymoon?: Sandals Grande St. Lucian...amazing!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Wedding date: 8/31/07

How long was your engagement?:  8 months

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?:  I teared up during vows.

What did your dress look like?: Strapless ball gown with lace and a little sparkle. I wanted it to look like Jessica Simpson's dress, lol!

What color were the BM dresses?: Hot pink

What kind of flowers did you carry?: Mixed pink bouquet with hot pink gerbers

What did your BM's carry?: similar to mine but way smaller

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 5 of each

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: FG

What was served for dinner?: Steak or stuffed chicken breast. We had NO time to eat and our flight was leaving for HM at like 5am so we drove thru Mighty in our wedding attire

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?: I got him a teeny bit

What was your wedding/first dance song?: "When you say nothing at all"

Favorite part of the day?: Being introduced as Mrs White!

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?: I wouldn't have skimped on photography. It was a family friend who took good pics and I got the CD but he was too quiet/mousy to handle our bunch. He clearly didn't know how to pose/set-up pictures so I was constantly posing & moving people around/chasing after them... it was stressful.

Where did you honeymoon?:Tahiti. It was HEAVEN and worth every penny of the insane cost.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Wedding date: 11.23.04 (just us, Mexico)

How long was your engagement?:  11 months

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?:  no

What did your dress look like?: sort of a ball gown, off white with 'champagne' color trim at the top and bottom

What color were the BM dresses?:  n/a

What kind of flowers did you carry?: tropical.. white and purple

What did your BM's carry?: n/a

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: none

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: none

What was served for dinner?: I don't remember.. but it was awesome..

Did you "smash" cake in each others face?: No!

What was your wedding/first dance song?: I don't know.  Something Mexican (not like a mariachi band!)

Favorite part of the day?: going down to the water, being completely pampered, the hotel guests cheering us on as we walked back through the hotel grounds

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?:  wish I had more pics of the day, and it was SO hot/ wish DH had gone with a linen suit

Where did you honeymoon?: same place - Aventura Spa Palace on the Mayan Riviera, Mexico.  11 days!  We also went to cancun, cozumel, playa del carmen, all over the yucatan.
  • Options

Wedding date:  6/16/07

How long was your engagement?:  1year 9 months

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?:  I got teary but didn't cry - I don't think DH did either

What did your dress look like?: Strapless, longish train, entirely overlaid in beaded alencon lace

What color were the BM dresses?: sage green with an ivory sash

What kind of flowers did you carry?: a mix of all white flowers - mainly orchids and roses

What did your BM's carry?: a pretty variety of big roses - like blush pink, purple and ivory

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 3 and 3

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: both

What was served for dinner?: we had 3 choices - filet mignon and chicken (in 1 dish), then some sort of fish and a pasta...I think. I can hardly remember!

What was your wedding/first dance song?: "At last"

Favorite part of the day?: walking down the aisle and the fireworks at the end of the reception over the lake

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?: The stupid aisle runner ripped when the guys were rolling it out! agh!

Where did you honeymoon?:Fiji
    photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    wendyjwendyj member

Sorry I'm just answering now. I was out all day, and still haven't figured out how to type responses on my new phone.

Wedding date: 10/09/04

How long was your engagement?:  15 months

Did you cry during the ceremony? Did SO?:  I got close a couple times, but managed to keep it in. Don't think DH did, which is surprising since he can be a sap.

What did your dress look like?: Satin strapless a-line with a sweetheart bodice. Had a band of beading around the top of the bodice and around the hem - my favorite part of the dress!

What color were the BM dresses?: sage

What kind of flowers did you carry?: pale peach and ivory roses with stephanotis (sp?)

What did your BM's carry?: red roses. MOH had stephanotis in hers

How many groomsman/bridesmaids did you have?: 4 of each, though one of my bm's bowed out at the last minute (long story)

Did you have a flower-girl and/or ring-bearer?: yes to both (his niece, my nephew)

What was served for dinner?: Prime rib, salmon or pasta primavera. May have been a chicken option, but I can't remember

What was your wedding/first dance song?: Someone Like You by Van Morrison

Favorite part of the day?: Finally being able to walk down the aisle and seeing DH for the first time that day. That, and eating my cake!

Any "bad" things... anything go wrong, something you'd do differently?: The only thing that went "wrong" was my BM dropping out. Other than that, the day was perfect. I probably would have spent a little more on the photographer, though my pictures were good, just not great.

Where did you honeymoon?: It was Columbus Day weekend, so we spent the rest of the weekend in an inn outside Manchester, VT. Then, over that April break, we went to Aruba. Love both trips - exactly what we needed at both times.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"