Secondary IF

New here, does this sound like you? (DS pic in siggy)

So yesterday I had my D and C for my third miscarriage in 7 months. The first two ended naturally around 5 weeks and this one we went in for our first sono at 9w to fnd no heartbeat. We sent tHe tissue off to be evaluated but won't get that information back for another month, when I meet with my dr again. We aren't seeing an RE at this point. We concieVed DS with no problems whatsoever. My progesterone was actually checked right before this past miscarriage and it was fine, and my thyroid is too. during an ultrasound in Jan and one on Wednesday they looked at my ovaries and they looked fine. We obviously don't have a problem getting pregnant, just a problem staying pregnant. Just wondering if this sounded like you and what you were tested for or what you are in the process of. It's frustrating to have to wait a month to find out any answers from this miscarriage or the next step.

Re: New here, does this sound like you? (DS pic in siggy)

• I'm sorry for your loss.  Sounds like me.  We went to an RE.  Our Ob did some testing, but it wasn't exhaustive and didn't identify any of our issues.

Good luck. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Same here. 2 miscarriages in 6 months. No reason found, pretty extensive blood tests done as well. Frustrated and scared at this point!
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your losses.  I have only had one m/c, earlier this month, but I think my RE is planning to do some additional testing to help figure out what went wrong and if there's anything more that can be done to help. I have the followup appointment next week.

I am reading a book that says with enough testing, they can find the cause and fix for 80-90% of miscarriages, so it sounds likely that someone can help you find a reason. 

• JMayJMay member

Welcome!  I hope you and your RE can figure everything out so you won't have to be here long - but in the meantime, this is a great place to be, full of supportive women.  GL to you!

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • :::raises hand::: Yes, absolutely! I've been pregnant 5 times and have my DS.

I would request a FULL RPL panel from your doctor and see a RE if possible.

After my last m/c we finally found out (once we saw the right dr who ran the right tests) that I'm homozygous for MTHFR & we are suspecting a hormonal issue. Most likely LPD or a progesterone issue. 

~Jess & Mike May 12, 2007
    12.6.07 CP at 5w
    5.21.08 BO discovered at 7w, D&E at 8w3d
    8.31.08 CP at 4w5d
    BFP Sept 25, 2008 bfp buddy lkstor Landon born June 6, 2009
    3.25.11 missed m/c discovered at 9w6d, D&E at 10w2d
    4.28.11 MTHFR a1298c homozygous discovered
    4.2011 Began NaProTechnology
    10.12.11 Diagnosed with Type III Luteal Phase Defect
    10.2011 Starting hcg injections on 5, 7 & 9 dpo
    BFP 12.7.11 - EDD 8.14.12 - IT'S A BOY! Fruit Baby
    Life During and After RPL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well your in the right spot. I've miscarried once and lost s twin but the weren't back to back. But I just want to tell you this is an awesome board of really supportive ladies. They were my one spot of sanity while going through my unexplained SIF. I hope you get some answers and you get your sticky baby soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"