April 2011 Moms

TMI, Sorry. Crazy heavy AF on mini-pill?

I thought it was the norm to have "some spotting" on the mini pill, even while breastfeeding; I'm having a crazy heavy period. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm just going to see if it lasts a normal amount of time before I call my doctor, but I feel like a freak... I just wondered if I'm not alone. TIA. 
MacAndCheese
Mac and cheese lover!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TMI, Sorry. Crazy heavy AF on mini-pill?

• kje120kje120 member
    I'm on the mini-pill, but I haven't had any spotting or anything yet. I'm interested to hear about other people's experiences, though, so I know what to possibly expect.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • LoCarbLoCarb member
    I'm not on the mini pill but I would think as your body gets use to the hormone fluctuation spotting would be normal.  My 1st pd on the BCP was crazy heavy too...and it last 2 wks! And I spotted the 1st mo. I'm hoping as my body adjusts the pds will be lighter and shorter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not EBF & I got the depo shot.  I still got a disgustingly long period that was heavier than ever.  My sister had a crazy heavy AF while on the mini pill while BF my niece. 
  • I'm on the mini pill and still had a normal (crazy heavy) period. I read that the mini pill doesn't affect your period in any way though? I'm looking forward to get on the regular pill at 6 mos pp because I'm ready for a lighter period!

• I am on the mini pill and EBFing.  I got my period back at 3 months pp (and the same day I was returning to work!).  Anyway - my period has been heavier than normal and went away for 2 days and came back again.  I am hoping it regulates soon!

• My dr. said the way the mini pill prevents pregnancy is by thickening cervical mucus so sperm can't get through and that it doesn't affect ovulation at all in about half of the women who take it - so they would still get the same period they would get if they were taking no BCP at all. For a lot of women, that first PP period is pretty heavy, so I bet that's what you're experiencing.
  • I'm on the mini pill and haven't had AF return yet.  I did have very light spotting for  or 3 days about 2 weeks after I started it, 
  • imageKCKappa:
    My dr. said the way the mini pill prevents pregnancy is by thickening cervical mucus so sperm can't get through and that it doesn't affect ovulation at all in about half of the women who take it - so they would still get the same period they would get if they were taking no BCP at all. For a lot of women, that first PP period is pretty heavy, so I bet that's what you're experiencing.

Okay, this is officially the scariest thing I've heard in recent history.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"