Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

What is your coping "vice" (warning DD pics in siggy) DD's mentioned

My "Vice" has been shopping.  My younger two DD's have complete winter wardrobes already (seriously they are in storage tubs). I also have been purchasing items to re-do my older two DD's rooms.

You would think I would use this vice to buy myself things.  But instead Im spending all the money on my kids.  Im hoping that after tomorrow's appt I will be feeling better and will stop the "non-stop" shopping.  It took me a long time to recognize I was using shopping to "fill the void" and to keep myself busy so I didnt sit and think about our 5 angel babies. :(

So what is your "vice"

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What is your coping "vice" (warning DD pics in siggy) DD's mentioned

• Options
    I have sadly become the take-out queen.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Options
    Mine's shopping too. I've been buying craft supplies and making decorations for autumn. I feel like I have to obsess over something other than my loss. Our house is relatively new and we don't have any decorations. I'm hoping I can make it more "homey" and then hope that we can fill it with children one day. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know if this counts but my house hase never been cleaner.
    Trying to conceive #2 since Oct. 2008 BFP 6/14/11, 7/5/11 - Gestational Sac measured 7 weeks 6 days, Baby measured 5 weeks 6 days, No Heartbeat, 7/11/11 - Missed Miscarriage confirmed, 7/18/11 - D&C
  • Options
    Mine has been shopping as well but I keep buying clothes for myself and I'm really good at justifying it since I've lost a little bit of weight over the past month and don't have any summer clothes that fit me since I ended up with a ton of hand me down clothes from a friend that were a size up which were great for the few weeks I was pregnant. 
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 Natural MC @ 7wks 6days Missed MC @ 7wks 6days, baby measured 6wks 3days
  • Options
    I'm ashamed to say mine has been eating Angry
    First BFP April 2011, EDD 01/11/11, MMC June 20, 2011 D&C June 20, 2011 Second BFP September 23, 20011 CP diagnosed September 26, 2011 PAL/PGAL welcome
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

smoking:(  Very ashamed..

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ordering books off of Amazon and reading constantly to keep my mind busy. That in addition to indulging in iced-coffee drinks and huge bowls of ice-cream.
  • Options
    I've been eating cereal... non-stop. I'm not sure why but maybe i am craving comfort/sugary foods to keep from being upset. I wish i could shop :(
  • Options
    imagejakdw:

smoking:(  Very ashamed..

me too :(

• Options
    Mine is TV and take out. And I have been having a glass or two of wine like every night. I figure if I can't be pregnant, at least I can have alcohol for a little while. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have been doing a lot of cleaning and organizing. It keeps my mind off of it. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1st BFP 6/17/2011, EDD 2/22/2012, Saw HB 7/12/2011 at 7wks6d, Missed MC 7/26/2011 at 9wks6d, D&C 7/27/2011

2nd BFP 11/15/2011, EDD 7/11/2012, MC 11/16/2011 at 5wks6d

3rd BFP 1/23/2012, EDD 10/4/2012, Our baby boy was born on 9/27/2012

4th BFP 3/19/2014, EDD 11/30/2014, MC 3/31/2014 at 5wks1d

5th BFP 6/1/2014, EDD 2/12/2015, diagnosed with a large subchorionic hemorrhage 6/17/2014, hemorrhage resolved 7/15/2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lots and lots of books. Ive been through five since I lost Aubrey :(
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

imagekarenjoyharrison:
    Mine is TV and take out. And I have been having a glass or two of wine like every night. I figure if I can't be pregnant, at least I can have alcohol for a little while. :(

Tv, Solitare (getting pretty good ;) ) and a glass of wine or Mikes hard lemonade with dinner. I was feeling a little guilty for drinking, but I suppose I can enjoy it while I can.

Baby #1 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby #2 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

In the first couple of weeks it was writing in my journal, every day. Then it switched to reading and playing board games and cards with family.

Now it is spending time with DH watching romantic comedy movies. Yay for happy endings! (He has to switch it up every once in awhile to get an action movie in there. I just turn away or go do something else when there's too much blood and gore. I've grown sensitive to violence in movies!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"