Pregnant after 35

Scared about this Pregnancy

Just thought I might ask ya'll. Yesterday I went for the first sonogram and the heartrate was 78 (I think - may have been 74, but I can't quite remember because I was so upset). My LMP would date that baby at 7 weeks 2 days. My calculations had the baby at 8 weeks on the dot. The sonogram showed 6 weeks 4 days. I have and still have pregnancy symptoms and no bleeding. Does anyone have any experience with a slow heart rate and positive outcome? This is our last shot. Yesterday I had a hard time having any hope, but today I don't want to give up on Bug. I go for another sonogram next Wednesday.

Any input or information - welcome. I am so upset because I am starting to think my eggs are too old and this was my last shot. I just turned 41 three weeks ago.

Re: Scared about this Pregnancy

• I'm 43 and have actually had less trouble with pregnancies/losses than I did in my twenties and early thirties.  

I don't know what to tell you about your measurements and the heart rate...  except with Margaux they couldn't even find the heartbeat until she was about 7.5 weeks.  I'd gone in earlier and they found "nothing viable."  She's just fine.  Hopefully you have a similar outcome! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I'm sorry I don't have any information/experience with a slower heartrate but I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry you are so scared right now.

Pregnancy might be the most terrifying thing I have ever been through in my entire life and with the added pressure of what you have, I can only imagine how upset you are right now.

Breathe.  You aren't too old for this. There are plenty of ladies - on this board and elsewhere - who have perfectly normal, healthy pregnancies past the age of 40 all the time.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.  Update us to let us know how you are doing. 

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• I know I was worried because I was having cramping, red spotting and the pregnancy dated a week earlier than I expected. When I went in a week later, they still had the earlier date, but the little heart was still chugging along.

It could be that you O'd late and are not as far along as you expected and the heart just started, which would mean a slower HR.

GL next Wednesday. I know from waiting for my 2nd U/S that it's a long nerve wracking week, so be kind to yourself.

image ..............................................................................................................................................

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Nathan, Alex, Maddie and Oliver

Angel Baby:EDD 3/3/12, M/C @11W2D

Today I am pregnant and I love my baby BFP:12/10/11 EDD:8/20/12 Rainbow Baby born healthy 3 weeks early on 7/31

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards