Minnesota Babies

Recommendation - Midwife/OBGYN in St Louis Park?

Hi fellow mommies!

We just took a  positive at home test on Monday the 25th - by the 'pregnancy calculators' that would put be at 5 1/2 weeks : )  Due March 25th!

Anyways - We have new insurance company and will be switching Docs.  Any recommendations on a good OB/Midwife/NP in SLP? {or very close by?}

We are open to a Doc who's willing to be open to natural/alternative birth methods {not just sitting in stirrups through the whole thing} Midwives, etc...

Thank you!!!

Re: Recommendation - Midwife/OBGYN in St Louis Park?

• I go to the midwives at Park Nicollet-Meadowbrook in SLP.  Kira Weier is my favorite, but I've seen a few of them and there was only one that I kind of didn't like, and she wasn't even that bad, just more strict on their VBAC policies.

They see patients at Methodist.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We also live in St. Louis Park and I see the midwives at North Metro Midwives in Golden Valley and the plan was to deliver at North Memorial in Robbinsdale. Both are pretty much right up Hwy 100 so the drive was not a problem. As it turned out my labor progressed too fast and I ended up delivering at the midwife clinic (which they are not equipped to do there) but I could not have been happier with how they handled the situation! I would highly recommend them and would be happy to answer any other questions!
    image Samuel (Photo by Gruman Photography)

• Loading the player...
  • imagepreg_amy:

I go to the midwives at Park Nicollet-Meadowbrook in SLP.  Kira Weier is my favorite, but I've seen a few of them and there was only one that I kind of didn't like, and she wasn't even that bad, just more strict on their VBAC policies.

They see patients at Methodist.

This.  Amy Brandl is my favorite, but all of the midwives there are wonderful.

Congrats!!

• Congrats on the positive test! 

I've been VERY happy with Dr. Sari Witzke at Park Nicollet St. Louis Park (delivers at Methodist). Let me know if you need more info.

• Thank you all for your wonderful recommendations!!!

: )  Six weeks today! I am excited to get in to a Doc in a few weeks here!

• If you want a truely natural and holistic labor and delivery, you should check out Morning Star Birth Center in St. Louis Park.  It is amazing!  You can google it to find their website :)
  • Thanks Ladies!!  For insurance purposes I am just going to get started at Meadowbrook in SLP {I have my first/9 week appointment with Amy on the 23rd!!!} and **hopefully** get the insurance to cover Morning Star!  I would love to deliver there - the environment seems great!

Thanks again all - greatly appreciate the feedback - so good to know there are plenty of beloved CNM in the SLP area!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"