Natural Birth

Does this sound like real labor starting?

FTM, so this is all new to me :)  Lost my MP on Tuesday, and have been having more mucus discharge since then.  Also since Tuesday, I've been having period-like cramps.  I just kind of ignored them until today, when they started feeling more consistent.  This afternoon, the cramps are pretty consistently 30 seconds long and 9-10 minutes apart.  Do real contractions start out as feeling like period cramps?  Just wondering if this is the real thing or not.  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does this sound like real labor starting?

• I never saw my mucus plug, but that sounds like the contractions I had.  I felt everything in the front, no back pain at all, and it was exactly like a period cramp that came and went.  As the contractions got longer I did feel that distinct wave pattern where it built up, then peaked and went back down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Sounds like it to me! Mine always start like menstrual cramps and they never develop into timed contractions until my water breaks. I did however have false hope on my due date with my secon child. I really thought the cramps would develop into something more, but they fizzled. I carried that child until 41wks and a day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"