High-Risk Pregnancy

**Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in**

Hi Everyone,

Its time again for our weekly check-in.  This check-in is for anyone dealing with clotting disorders, or for anyone doing once or twice daily shots of Lovenox, Heparin, Fragmin, Arixtra, etc. (you are also welcome if you are on any other blood thinners - coumadin, aspirin, etc.)  This is a place for us to share our frustrations, worries and triumphs.  What?s new this week?  How is everyone feeling?  How are your bruises?  Here is a link to our injection tips, https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/47421976.aspx

This is the growing list of Lovenox Ladies:

Mrs Case (MTHFR) ? 8/4

Aprileckhart (previous PE) - 8/8

Mmiller0512 (protein C) ? 8/10

BDAVIS6 (LA) ? 8/13

Laurenharrison (FVL) ? 8/15

CHI-06 (FVL) -  8/25

Armybride86 (FVL) ? 9/2

Festivus (FVL homo) ? 9/19

Hjbarra (MTHFR) ? 10/1

ChicStylishMom2be (FVL) ? 10/10

ChrissyDipi (FVL homo) ? 10/16

CakeBatter (Protein C and S) ? 10/19

Jsjrol (previous DVT and PE) ? 10/21

CILLAJ8 (PE) ? 11/7

Presh116 (FVL and MTHFR) ? 11/15

704Bride (MTHFR and PAI-1) ? 11/18

Vlong4 (previous DVT) ? 11/26

Courtneyw06 (FVL) ? 11/27

LuvMyFurbaby (previous PE) ? 11/27

BipBopBoo (FVL) ? 12/1

Michellesullivan1 (Factor II) ? 12/4

Amandar72 (Protein S) ? 12/9

Dondraandluis (MTHFR, Factor II, Protein S) ? 12/15

Lexismom08 (Protein S) ? 12/26

IamAmom2B (Protein S, LA) - 1/5

Holli0303 (APS) ? 1/16

Britt_dickey (MTHFR) ? 1/18

Dani182000 (Prothrombin mutation, FVL and LA) ? 1/22

Starlilliee (previous DVT) ? 1/25

Jmbuckman (Protein S) ? 2/8

Jenifaires (FVL) ? 2/15

Aglenn (previous DVT) ? 2/15

Amber32984 (MTHFR homo) ? 3/5

If this is your first week checking-in, please let us know your EDD and the reason you are on blood thinners.

QOTW:  There have been a lot of questions lately about going into labor.  Are you planning to go into labor naturally, or are you planning to be induced?  Also, are you switching from Lovenox to Heparin?  If so, what week do you make the switch?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

Re: **Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in**

• aglennaglenn member

Hi, ladies!  This week I'm mainly feeling HUNGRY.  The little one must be having a growth spurt because I could just eat all day.  Then I get the afternoon slump...none of this is making for very productive work days this week.  Sigh.

QOTW:  I plan to go into labor naturally like I did with DD.  With her, I switched to heparin around 37 weeks and went into labor at 39 weeks.  And yes, I did get an epidural, and had no issues at all.  I had really, really, really long labor so there was definitely no heparin left in my system by the time I was ready to deliver. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm ready to punch my insurance company in the face - if only it were possible. I've been fighting with them for the last week to fill my prescription and FINALLY they told my pharmacist I have to use their mail in pharmacy. Who knows how long that will take to come in. I'm really ticked.

I'll probably do the same as last time - switch to heparin at 37w just in case and have a scheduled c/s at around 39w.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • CHI-06CHI-06 member

I have a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks (3 weeks away!)  I am kinda hoping I go into labor on my own prior to that date though...I don't like picking the day I want the baby to pick :)  plus I don't want all the build up thinking about the surgery so if I were surprised at 38wks I would be thrilled :)~

I am switching to Heparin as of today...well I will start tomorrow cause I forgot to do a shot this morning since it is twice a day.

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • My hips are killing me lately and sleeping is difficult.

QOTW: My OB will switch me to Heparin at 36 weeks. I'm really hoping to go into labor on my own. I was induced with DD1 due to GD and PIH, so I'd really like to have a different experience. I don't have GD this time around, but haven't yet talked to my OB whether my clotting disorder will require me to be induced or not.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • UPDATE: Since I'm pregnant with twins, I'm measuring the same as someone full term with a single baby and really feeling it. The level of discomfort I'm feeling the last week or two has grown significantly. Not sure how I'll make it several more weeks, other than really taking it easy.

QOTW: I am in the minority, but I am NOT switching over to Heparin. Surprisingly, both my OB group and hemo agree on this recommendation. Depending on the position of the babies, I will either have a planned c-section about 38 weeks or an induction between 38 and 39 weeks. Obviously that's only if these twins stay in that long, which isn't very likely!

TTC for 3 years. Finally successful after 5 IUIs and 2 cycles of IVF. Our amazing twins were born 5 weeks early on 8/16/11. Found out April 2012 that our di/di twins are ID.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Feeling pretty good this week. Bruises come and go, sometimes they are huge and sometimes there are none.

QOTW: Hoping to go naturally but my dr won't let me go past my EDD, so if I go that far I may be induced. I believe they will switch me at 36 weeks to heparin.

TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi Ladies,

I am new to this board.  My EDD is 3/30/12 so I am about 5.5 weeks.  I started on Lovenox 1 week ago.  I am on blood thinners due to a previous DVT with my last pregnancy at 28 weeks. 

I am planning on switching to Heparin @ 36 weeks and being induced around 39 weeks.  This is what I did during my last pregnancy and all went well. 

I have one question, are you girls on the generic form of Lovenox?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"