Cleveland Babies

A Natural, Holistic-loving, Breastfeeding-supportive Pediatrician

So every little sniffle or symptom I don't 'take something' or go run off to the Doctor--I don't want this for my baby either.  I find with proper nutrition and exercise, the body does a *fine* job all on it's own! I need to find a Pediatrician who supports: --Putting of the billion vaccinations until the child is a little older.  --Breastfeeding advocate... not "Oh, you need to switch to formula..." after a week. --Supports and/or practices Natural/Holistic remedies--not a puppet for the pharmaceutical giants. Does such a dream exist?  Prefer Westside, but will consider anyone within a 30 mile radius of downtown. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!   ps... And yes,...I *do* wear deodorant!  (Just the aluminum-free kind)  ;)
image image

Re: A Natural, Holistic-loving, Breastfeeding-supportive Pediatrician

• Not sure if you'll find a pediatrician that will suggest putting off the shots. They may suggest a more stretched out version of administering them. But as for the rest of it, my advice would be to find a DO instead of an MD. My family doctor is a DO and the difference is they prefer more natural remedies to 'here's a pill.' She's been very good with some things I went through in the past about me not wanting to just swallow a pill and be done with it. Also, as for the breast feeding thing, a friend of mine decided that all of her breast feeding questions were going to be answered by a lactation consultant. She found a store/boutique shop that is owned by a lactation consultant that really helped her and supported her through what other doctors didn't.

Good luck!!

• I am looking for the exact same thing!  A ped who is open to alternative medicine, AND doesn't push vaccinations... preferably one in Lakewood or River.  There has to be someone out there... right?
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with previous poster that you will have a hard time finding a pediatrician who doesn't support timely vaccinations, for the sake of your child as well as those too young to yet be vaccinated, but you might luck out, as someone said, with a DO instead. We take our kids to an MD at Cleveland Clinic in Beachwood and I have been happy. My kids have been on antibiotics, but it was always the last resort and the smallest dose possible...he definitely does not push meds or freak out about things. I breastfed my daughter until she was 18 months and am still nursing my son and he was supportive, though I will say any breastfeeding questions I had were better directed toward a lactation consultant (hillcrest has them).He's definitely not "holistic," but going into this, I never would have pegged this pediatrician for being as relaxed and accepting as he is. You might call around and set up some interviews with local pedis and see if you can find a good match. I've heard people are happy with Dr Senders on Green Rd as well, though again, I'm not sure how holistic they are there.
  • I agree with previous poster that you will have a hard time finding a pediatrician who doesn't support timely vaccinations, for the sake of your child as well as those too young to yet be vaccinated, but you might luck out, as someone said, with a DO instead. We take our kids to an MD at Cleveland Clinic in Beachwood and I have been happy. My kids have been on antibiotics, but it was always the last resort and the smallest dose possible...he definitely does not push meds or freak out about things. I breastfed my daughter until she was 18 months and am still nursing my son and he was supportive, though I will say any breastfeeding questions I had were better directed toward a lactation consultant (hillcrest has them).He's definitely not "holistic," but going into this, I never would have pegged this pediatrician for being as relaxed and accepting as he is. You might call around and set up some interviews with local pedis and see if you can find a good match. I've heard people are happy with Dr Senders on Green Rd as well, though again, I'm not sure how holistic they are there.
  • Dr. Kornelia Solymos. She's in westlake. She uses an alternate vaccine schedule, which we've declined for DS. I just told her at the last appointment that hubby and I just think he's too young right now, and didn't get into what will happen at 4 months ;) I like her a lot though. She's relaxed, good support for breastfeeding. Every MEDICAL doctor you go to, is obviously going to give you medicine.tests, because afteral, that's exactly what their job is and they have to do those things if you're coming to them with a problem
  • I highly, highly, highly recommend any of the doctors at Senders Pediatrics.  We see Dr. Senders and have been so happy with him.  I trust him implicitly.  I'm not sure about the alternative vaccination schedule, though.  You'd have to ask. 

They were so helpful with BFing (I had issues in the beginning).  They have the Breastfeeding Medicine of NE Ohio housed in their office and you get a visit with a lactation consultant in the first few days/week after baby is born. 

• Oh my god you just made my day by this post. I didn't think there was anyone else out there who felt like this. I just moved to Fairview park and have currently been seeing a ped in Lakewood, my son is skinny, low end of the weight curve but high end of the height curve, and she suggested I stop bfing and switch to formula, I left there bawling. So, since she pissed me off, I've been looking for another one. Thanks for all the info everyone, its very much appreciated.
  • I would highly recommend Dr. Thomas Wagner with Westshore Primary Care in North Ridgeville.  He is a DO and is a family doctor.  My husband, myself and our 4 kids have gone to him for many years and we just love him.  Unfortunately our insurance has recently changed and we can only see Kaiser Tier 1 physicians now.  Even with that said, Dr. Wagner had assured me that I can call him any time if I have questions or feel I need further explanation on something, lab orders, medicine, etc.  I can't wait for our insurance to hopefully change again soon so we can go back to him again!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"