High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

High numbers (GD) need help

I've been having high numbers in the evening (after dinner testing) for the past 3 days. 

Should I let my doctor know tomorrow or just keep testing until my doctor appointment on Monday and see if my numbers go back down? 

Have any of you had good numbers then all the sudden get high ones everyday after a certain meal? If so, what happened?

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: High numbers (GD) need help

• Options

How high are they? If they are insane - like 20 or 30+ points over your limit, I'd call. If they are just a little high, 10 or less over, I'd give it a few days until your appointment and see what happens. Make sure you're getting some activity after dinner, and double check that you're staying in your carb allowance.

I have had times where my numbers went up suddenly for seemingly no reason. I'm sure you've heard it before, but it really does all depend on the hormone levels. Things get harder to control as you go along, and hormone level can fluctuate causing issues as well. In my case, they went high at all 3 meals and weren't showing signs of coming back in range, so I am on rapid acting insulin with every meal. 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagememali26:

How high are they? If they are insane - like 20 or 30+ points over your limit, I'd call. If they are just a little high, 10 or less over, I'd give it a few days until your appointment and see what happens. Make sure you're getting some activity after dinner, and double check that you're staying in your carb allowance.

I have had times where my numbers went up suddenly for seemingly no reason. I'm sure you've heard it before, but it really does all depend on the hormone levels. Things get harder to control as you go along, and hormone level can fluctuate causing issues as well. In my case, they went high at all 3 meals and weren't showing signs of coming back in range, so I am on rapid acting insulin with every meal. 

I agree...if they are in the 130's I wouldn't worry. If they are higher, I would call tomorrow. Have you been drinking enough water throughout the day? Taking a walk after dinner? Are you eating the same foods you were before or have you been trying something new? Sorry for all the questions :o) Sometimes it's just a lot of guesswork!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsT624:
    imagememali26:

I agree...if they are in the 130's I wouldn't worry. If they are higher, I would call tomorrow. Have you been drinking enough water throughout the day? Taking a walk after dinner? Are you eating the same foods you were before or have you been trying something new? Sorry for all the questions :o) Sometimes it's just a lot of guesswork!

Thank you for your replies.

My numbers after dinner have been in the 120's- it's supposed to be lower than 120. My after dinner numbers usually range between 100-120, mostly in the 110's.

I haven't had as much water as I'd like and I haven't been too active at night. It's been hot and I haven't wanted to move from in front of the A/C. I guess I'll try more water and a try to get a walk in after dinner. I've been eating different the past few nights- grilled cheese on sourdough. I think the bread is higher in carbs and it may be making my numbers high. 

I'll wait it out and keep testing until Monday. Hopefully if I cut out the sourdough bread, get more active in the evening, and drink more water my numbers will get back down under 120.

Thanks again, ladies. I really appreciate your input. It helped a lot Smile 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Are you on medicine or just diet controlled? Bread will make you go high at night sometimes. I can usually have pizza at lunch and my numbers are fine. Well tonight it decided to go up to 150 after. Gasp I know, but I am not worried. I take insulin and it comes down rather quickly. I would trip if it stayed high for like 2 hours but it's usually around 30 mins and it's back under. I am a bad example though because I don't walk, I don't follow the diets, I just take more insulin if I know I will be eating some extra carbs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have high numbers too.  I've been slipping from what I been eating because I get so hungry.  I'm 31 weeks now so I have about maybe 8 weeks to go.  I was put on glyburide 2.5 mg.  I dont have to call my doctor because everytime I go in they look at my log sheet of what my numbers are.  The only thing I can say is eat as less carbs as you can.
  • Options

I'm diet controlled. I think it may have been the bread that I ate for dinner. Yet another thing that I should keep an eye on.

I've been drinking more water today and so far my numbers have been good, but we'll see what happens after dinner. I'll watch the carbs tonight and hope that the number is under 120.

Thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"