Baby Showers

Thank you for gift in mail...

I know this has been posted before, but I can't find the link.  How do you write a thank you for someone who wasn't at your shower but did mail you a gift?  Google has let me down on this one.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thank you for gift in mail...

• I would just say, "Thank you so much for the -----.  It will be so helpful when ----."  You could also say, "We missed you at the shower but understand travel can be hard (or whatever.)"

• I recieved a few gifts from people who were not at the shower but passed them along and some in the mail. I just wrote 'thank you so much for thinking of us and your gift with get a lot of use. I look forward to you seeign you soon with baby in tow' I always try to add something personal to each person for going out of their way to make sure they got us something

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live
  • Loading the player...
  • Sad commentary on the fact we don't send thank you's and personal correspondence nearly enough in our life.  You seriously googled how to thank someone for a present? 

"Dear Nancy,

Thank you so much for the butt paste for little Johnny. I can't believe he's going to be making his appearance soon!  Your gift will come in handy with all of the diaper changes in my future!  I missed your smiling face at my shower, but I understand that living in a Hut in the south pole makes travelling here difficult.  I can't wait to see you again and for Johnny to get a chance to meet you.  I know he'll love you even more than we do! We are so blessed to have someone as generous and thoughtful as you in our life.  Can't wait to see you at Christmas!

Love, Sally B. Jones"  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Seriously?  I am so floored right now I can't think straight.  See Ballsox's answer...
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• The same way you would write a thank you if you get gifts post-baby from people... you dont even have to mention the shower
  • Ms5586Ms5586 member

Wow...chill people.  I asked because this is a relative I see maybe once a year, from DH's extended family, who sent a gift. 

My apologies to the etiquette police, yes, I googled because I didn't want to write a one-sentence thank you for a gift card, I was hoping someone would have a way to make it sound less ridiculous.

So if realizing that I wasn't sure on wording makes me an idiot who can't write a thank you, I think I'll be able to live with myself just fine.

To those who didn't feel the need to snark at me and gave me a response, thank you very much. Smile

• imageMustanGTbaby13:
    The same way you would write a thank you if you get gifts post-baby from people... you dont even have to mention the shower

This.

• Dear Jane,

Thank you for __________. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • The same way you thanked people for wedding gifts who could not be at your wedding...thank you so much for the lovely ___, I'm sure it will come in handy during the sleepless nights ahead.  I can't wait for Baby Smith to meet you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker image
  • But what about the people who made fun of you and still gave you good advice?  Not sure if I should cry myself to sleep because of your scolding or tell you "you're welcome"? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • I'm confused, Was it that was it that the gift came in the mail or that it was a gift card? Sometimes I have a hard time thanking for gift cards. Mentioning missing them at the shower is totally up to you. But if it was a gift card I simply thank them for the generous gift and let them know it'll come in handy when you need something. I would think that as long as they get thanked it doesn't matter if it's one sentence or a few. Just do what you feel is right.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • I received several gifts from people who could not make the shower. This is the basic wording I used:

Dear ____,

Thank you so much for your generous gift! I am going to love dressing LO in the adorable overalls and onesies! I'm very sorry you couldn't make it to the shower. We all missed seeing you there. I can't wait to introduce you to LO once he arrives! Thank you for being a special part of our lives.

Love,

My name

• imageMs5586:
    I know this has been posted before, but I can't find the link.  How do you write a thank you for someone who wasn't at your shower but did mail you a gift?  Google has let me down on this one.

I barely understand this question. Are you asking how to write a thank you note? Why does it matter if they were at the shower or not? How do you write thank you notes if your grandmother sends you a birthday gift? 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
    221_-6_Little Charlotte is.png" alt="baby" border="0" />
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"