Military Families
Options

Womack Ft. Bragg

Just curious to see if anyone has delivered here and what your experience was with them. TIA. Also if anyone was able to have a natural birth here would be great to hear about.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Womack Ft. Bragg

• Options

I've had four friends deliver there. Two loved it, two hated it. I think it depends on what your expectations are and, of course, sometimes you just catch medical teams on an off-day. 

If I remember correctly, there's no chance of a private recovery room. You may luck out and wind up not having to share, but it's always a possibility. I think the only other constant complaint I've heard is the limited hours for the tours.

• Options
    imagePumpkin701:

I've had four friends deliver there. Two loved it, two hated it. I think it depends on what your expectations are and, of course, sometimes you just catch medical teams on an off-day. 

If I remember correctly, there's no chance of a private recovery room. You may luck out and wind up not having to share, but it's always a possibility. I think the only other constant complaint I've heard is the limited hours for the tours.

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking most likely will not have a private room. They're full to capacity right now and even sending some off base it's so full.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSiannaBees:
    imagePumpkin701:

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking most likely will not have a private room. They're full to capacity right now and even sending some off base it's so full.

I actually started my pregnancy at Womack and then got switched to Cape Fear after some miscommunications and paper problems. If you want a private room, that's what I had at Cape Fear. I had a wonderful experience there. From the moment we walked in to the moment we walked out, the nurses were amazing. I didn't really see my doctor until I started pushing and he left to attend to other patients after I was stitched up (so he was there maybe two hours) but the nurses took such great care of me, I didn't really miss him. 

• Options

I delivered at Womack in April and I have nothing but good things to say about my entire experience. The nurses were wonderful both during delivery and in recovery. I did have to share a room but I honestly do not see what the big deal is. Both parties just want to sleep and that is what is done besides the visitors during the day time but everyone was quiet out of respect. At that age, babies are only crying for food and they get it right away, it is not a bother.

I do agree that everybody has their own experiences. It was my second child and I knew what to expect but this delivery was much nicer and smoother then my first. And with the 2nd delivery, they only keep you for 24 hours. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'll actually be delivering there in about six weeks or so. I'm overall very comfortable with it, but of course will likely have more to say after I give birth. I'm not super keen on the likelihood of sharing a room, but at the same time I'm not going to be upset over it if it happens.

I'm also trying for a natural childbirth. I would say, if you haven't already, try and switch to a midwife for a provider. I can personally recommend Ruth Boone, who is AMAZING! I'm in a centering group with her, and absolutely love her! The only thing I don't like is that when I go into labor I'll get the midwife on call, not who I've been seeing, but I'm fairly positive this is just common practice there. So what can you do? I would also just have a game plan in mind. If you're able, labor at home as long as you can, and have everything prepared for relaxation techniques you may want to implement.

I wish I could be of more help, but feel free to PM me if you would like! Especially in about two months. haha But good luck, and I hope you're able to work everything out the way you want! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageforever412:

I'll actually be delivering there in about six weeks or so. I'm overall very comfortable with it, but of course will likely have more to say after I give birth. I'm not super keen on the likelihood of sharing a room, but at the same time I'm not going to be upset over it if it happens.

I'm also trying for a natural childbirth. I would say, if you haven't already, try and switch to a midwife for a provider. I can personally recommend Ruth Boone, who is AMAZING! I'm in a centering group with her, and absolutely love her! The only thing I don't like is that when I go into labor I'll get the midwife on call, not who I've been seeing, but I'm fairly positive this is just common practice there. So what can you do? I would also just have a game plan in mind. If you're able, labor at home as long as you can, and have everything prepared for relaxation techniques you may want to implement.

I wish I could be of more help, but feel free to PM me if you would like! Especially in about two months. haha But good luck, and I hope you're able to work everything out the way you want! 

Thanks so much for  the info, I think I maybe had her at my first appt, but they had to schedule me for an OB this time because she wasn't available but I will definitely try to request her. I am going to try and labor at home for as long as I can I think, luckily my mom is flying in so hopefully she'll be able to help me out since i'm not so sure DH will be very calm and helpful lol.

• Options
    I delivered there and had a good experience. All of the doctors and nurses were wonderful. I wanted an epidural and got one but I wasn't pressured into getting one. My baby came on a very busy weekend in L&D (something like 15 other babies were born that night) and we still did not have to share our recovery room. I have no complaints about delivering there. Hope your experience is just as good. :)
  • Options
    Hi, I'm new here! I didn't deliver at Womack but I did go to several prenatal appts before my loss. They happen to have the BEST high risk doctor around and he travels to other counties to see other patients. I wouldn't say it was a BAD experience but I didn't feel like I got enough attention in my pregnancy. I am about to start TTC now and I will be seen in civilian world. There are a couple of wonderful places around. Also, I did have a natural birth but not by choice. I'm a chicken and I wouldn't do it again but I will say that yes of course it is painful but the very second it is over it is GONE. Good luck.
  • Options
    imageforever412:

I do NOT like Boone at all. Without getting into detail, I had a few important questions and she totally dismissed them without acting concerned about it at all. She rushed me through my appointment and came off very condescending. She also freaked me out when she measured my fundal height at 21 when I was at close to 25 weeks. I had just had an ultrasound a few days before and was told my baby was perfectly healthy yet she could not stop talking about how "abnormal" it is for me to be this small. I'm very active and some women just run small, no big deal.

I like Michelle (can't remember her last name) and MAJ White. They've always been so sweet and attentive.

And to the OP, obviously I haven't delivered at Womack yet but my friends here who have have all had wonderful experiences. I think if you're flexible and keep an open mind about things you'll be fine. So far I've really liked Womack.
  • Options
    I'm glad this post was added, because we are about to PCS to Ft Bragg in November and I am due in January. So to be moving in my 3rd trimester made me nervous, especially because where we are currently stationed we are Tricare Remote, so my doctor is civilian. And I'm not trying to knock MTF, but I called Ft Bragg and tried to ask what I could do in Oct, to make the transition a little easier to Womack, well I was put on hold for 15 min and no one ever answered. I called back to Labor and Delivery and all my questions were answered and they were super nice. The nurse on duty said that once you deliver, if you have to share a room they try to put you in one that someone has already been there for 24 hrs, so you will have some time by yourself. I also spoke with a friend who is at Bragg and she is a nurse and she was telling me how packed Womack is, that my best bet is to try to see someone off post. So they may be a good facility for the most part but I don't want to feel rushed or just a number, because they are so packed. Truely I just want to have a good experience through the birthing process and where ever that happens is fine with me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"