January 2011 Moms

Baby-proofing

So, all of these crawling posts are making me realize that I need to get my rump in gear on the baby-proofing.  What have you all done so far? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby-proofing

• The baby room is baby proofed! As far as the rest of the house goes, it's a work in progress. We have outlet covers on.
  • imagejcole32444:
    The baby room is baby proofed! As far as the rest of the house goes, it's a work in progress. We have outlet covers on.

Same here, but instead of the baby room it's the living room. We're all in there most of the time so we've swapped everything that was on bottom shelves for baby-ok stuff. Toys, burb cloths, socks, things we're ok with him getting into and exploring. We have outlet covers throughout the house. Everything else I think we'll fix as he gets into it. Oh! we do keep the bathroom door closed. And there are no chemicals of any sort in any of our bottom cabinets. We don't have locks on any of them though, as they house pots and pans or tupperware. 

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, we've pretty much done nothing.
  • We bought cabinet locks and outlet covers, but have yet to install them. I'd rather not have to deal with them if DD can't crawl yet.

Our coffee table had a shelf under it that we removed so she can crawl under the table without hitting her head.

We have a huge shelving unit in our livingroom that holds all our CDs, DVDs, some candles and picture frames. I moved the DVDs/BluRays/video games down low (since the cases are soft and won't break if dropped). I put the CDs and pictures up high, and removed the candles. I put some pictures in plastic frames instead of glass ones, and those are down lower. We also secured DH's PS3 so that DD can't pull it out of the entertainment center.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The baby room has been done since before Kain was born, but the outlets are covered in the rest of the house, I ordered a gate for the bottom of our stairs, just yesterday I added locks on the bottom cabinet drawers in the bathroom and under the sink, and we moved the dog food into the bathroom so that it is not in sight for Kain - hoping if he doesn't see it all the time, he will leave it alone, we shall see!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!  I think I will have to go on a shopping trip this weekend! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"