Pregnant after 35

35/35 today yahoo

Well I'm excited that I'm 35 weeks and 35 days to go today .

BUT I have to say that yesterday when I went to go visit my friend, who's baby was born 3 days ago, and while I was there,  I rocked her baby to sleep,, fed her and burped her and changed her, and it Hit Me, that soon I will be doing all that with my baby girl.  At 43 and I have to say when  I got home, I felt nervous and starting panicking mentally about my new changed life, Will I be a good mom and  raise this girl right, will my baby girl think I'm old....Will I  forget who I am, Will my hubby and I still have some romance left, Will I be the oldest mom at her first day of kindergarten ,  I guess all the fears will go away , When I'm finally holding her ,Just had to vent and wondering if you ladies have moments like these.

Re: 35/35 today yahoo

• Congrats on 35/35.. great milestone!!!  :)  

Oh yes.. I have the same fears.. also how am I going to take care of newborn with a toddler.. is kind of freaking me out right now.  She drags me around the house pointing and telling me what she wants.. how am I going to handle that with a newborn in my arms? Also.. my daughter is seriously the happiest baby I've ever known.. I feel so blessed and lucky and kind of shocked at how great she is.. (like how did this happen?) she sleeps.. she eats.. she naps.. she's social, funny, chatty, smart.. rarely tantrums.. occasionally, but not so bad.. I AM SO LUCKY... I don't want her life to change to much, but it inevitably is going to.. and she's going to have learn to wait and be patient.. aggh.. I'm so worried about that.  I want her to still be happy.... and not jealous or resentful of her baby brother. 

BTW: I finally finished the finishing touches on my DD's bedroom which is the garden theme... I remember you had done a similar nursery for your baby girl.  I put up a tree wall decal from Target.. and the leaf canopy and flower lamp from IKEA.. if I could figure out a way to post pics, I will.  The pics were on my phone.. not sure.  Funny how I haven't done ANYTHING for this little guy's nursery (baby aviator/travel theme) yet.. since he'll be with us in our room for a while.. once he's born, I'll be more mobile to paint and decorate.. (probably won't have the time, though!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yay for 35/35!

Everything will be juuuuust fine.  :) 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • You will do great because you obviously are worried about it which means you are going to try really hard. There! Pretty much all you need. The desire to be a good mom. Not to over simplify and such. Also, I just need to say that even if you are the oldest mom at her first day of school, no one will know. GL momma!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am a few days behind you and having some of the same worries.  I look at pregnant women everywhere and try to decide how much older I am then them and if I am going to be the oldest looking mom.  Will she think I am old? My other kids had young mom, what does this baby get?

I too am hoping all fear is washed away when I look into her little face and see her knowing I am mom and that's enough.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies . i had a better day today. now im just fearing giving birth ha ha. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"