August 2011 Moms

Facebook status

Taking a page from another board...

Is there a FB status you would like to post but are too chickensh!t? Big Smile

Re: Facebook status

• I often want to post political things, but hold back. I've occasionally expressed my feelings on certain issues and later wondered why the heck I posted my liberal views for all of my conservative family and in-laws to read :-)
  • For me it would be anything political. I am much more liberal than the majority of my family and friends. Some of the things they post really get under my skin, but I refrain from commenting.

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagelincolngirl:
    I often want to post political things, but hold back. I've occasionally expressed my feelings on certain issues and later wondered why the heck I posted my liberal views for all of my conservative family and in-laws to read :-)

This, except I'm conservative with mostly liberal friends. 

• imagelincolngirl:
    I often want to post political things, but hold back. I've occasionally expressed my feelings on certain issues and later wondered why the heck I posted my liberal views for all of my conservative family and in-laws to read :-)

Ha... I didn't see this before I commented, but mine is exactely the same.

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I constantly want to call out a frienemy on their BS, but continue to remind myself that I have to be the mature one.  Regardless of the passive aggressive sh!t they post.  I just hope that everyone else sees them for who they are, but it's so doubtful.
  • I want to tell people to stop asking me if I've had the baby yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This kind of relates to some of the posts below, but I have to try realllly hard not to be b!tchy at some people's posts, or post my own thoughts on my wall lol.

For instance, I have an "ex-friend" that just announced she's preggo on FB. Her and her H announced it separately, and it was extremely stupid how they did it. I really wanted to write something snarky as my status, but instead DH and I just said things to each other lol. It's probably for the best, I don't want anyone to call me "that crazy pregnant lady".

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageOct08b2bee:
    I want to tell people to stop asking me if I've had the baby yet.

Yes

• I more want to comment on the really stupid crap that ends up on my wall but I try and refrain. The whole "Sigh...." random crap where you want people to either shut up or just say what's wrong, and the TMI that I see like from one friend- "My tummy is so upset and rumbly and I can't stay away from the bathroom!". Really? Does FB need to know that?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have another one... I hate those "life sucks, poor me" posts. I want to tell them to stop complaining, but I don't.

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageamdraza:
    For me it would be anything political. I am much more liberal than the majority of my family and friends. Some of the things they post really get under my skin, but I refrain from commenting.

This exactly for me. My in-laws are super conservative. My family and most of my friends are liberal but I stay quiet on political issues with facebook.

• I have one person who tries to make themself look like an awsome friend on my wall, but she is always breaking plans and never calls in real life. Just want to tell her to stop writing b/s crap on my wall and start actually being a friend in real life. Hubby just calmly tells me to be nice and not to let the hormones take over the keyboard Smile

Owyn Russell - August 10, 2011

Lily Ann - March 22, 2016

• "@MIL.  @SIL.  Stupid b!tches.  Go to hell."

// I love you too. //

• imageamdraza:
    I have another one... I hate those "life sucks, poor me" posts. I want to tell them to stop complaining, but I don't.

Yes  I hate it when every other day someone posts "FML" or "Ugh."  I never respond to these, I think they are ridiculous.

Me: 32  H: 34
    DS #1: 8/10/11,  DS #2: 10/13/14
    TTC #3 since October 2017

• I always have strong urges to post exactly what I ate for lunch/dinner/dessert and tell how good it was.  But I know nobody actually gives a crap about what I ate, I'm just obsessed with food lol.  So I don't allow myself to post stuff like this.

Me: 32  H: 34
    DS #1: 8/10/11,  DS #2: 10/13/14
    TTC #3 since October 2017

• imageMisty001:
    I have one person who tries to make themself look like an awsome friend on my wall, but she is always breaking plans and never calls in real life. Just want to tell her to stop writing b/s crap on my wall and start actually being a friend in real life. Hubby just calmly tells me to be nice and not to let the hormones take over the keyboard Smile

This is what I was thinking. I have that one friend from years ago who always leaves me fb messages about how we should get together and she hasn't seen me in forever and she'll call soon and blah blah blah but hasn't responded to my attempts at contact in at least 2 years. I would really like to leave her a message telling her to knock the BS off, since she has basically ignored me since she started dating her now-husband about 5 years ago. We were BFFs for about 10 years and then she never even acknowledged our wedding, even after I worked my a$$ off at hers making every last detail happen. I guess it's hard to be social when you're totally wrapped up in yourself.

Ok. Vent over. Hormones are under control now lol.

• I would love to post something directed at my FB obsessed MIL.  Although I have her blocked from reading any of my statuses or viewing any pictures anywayStick out tongue It's like one step above de-friending her but without the drama she would stir up if I did delete her!
  • I would like to call out all my friends who are DUMB enough to click on all those video viruses on facebook and spam links.  Um, why did you wanna see the dad walk in on the daughter anyway, sicko?
  • I'm so sick of people posting every little thing they do on facebook. There needs to be a one status update per day limit. 
  • imagedanni914:
    I would love to post something directed at my FB obsessed MIL.  Although I have her blocked from reading any of my statuses or viewing any pictures anywayStick out tongue It's like one step above de-friending her but without the drama she would stir up if I did delete her!

Holy crap, are we the same person?  My MIL CANNOT keep from commenting on every move everyone in her family makes.  Drives me INSANE!!  Glad to know I'm not the only one.  LOL!

• imageNativeFloridian:
    "@MIL.  @SIL.  Stupid b!tches.  Go to hell."

Yes

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My older sister! She's like a pathological liar or something...tells people she's writing a book, knows French, has dual citizenship...she's nuts. And I always want to either tag her in a status or call her out on one of her own...but I don't. No need for drama 
  • I'd like to tell my mil to stop sharing MY videos and I'd also like to tell her to STFU and to not come down this weekend to help me while dhis working.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageshellyandmike:

imagedanni914:
    I would love to post something directed at my FB obsessed MIL.  Although I have her blocked from reading any of my statuses or viewing any pictures anywayStick out tongue It's like one step above de-friending her but without the drama she would stir up if I did delete her!

Holy crap, are we the same person?  My MIL CANNOT keep from commenting on every move everyone in her family makes.  Drives me INSANE!!  Glad to know I'm not the only one.  LOL!

Ugh mine is terrible.  She comments on everything, gets mad that I don't respond to IM's on there (even if I am not online so I make myself offline at all times on there), sends me stupid hearts and crap and plays farmville, cafeville and any other dumb 'ville game she can find.  Then calls my DH and crys that she has viruses on her laptop and he must come fix them immediately.  Woman, wth do you expect when you download all that crap on there????

• I have been DYING to tell a certain friend that your life is still valid even if you dont tag yourself somewhere or check in. You are out - I get it. I have been to fancy / exciting places too in the past year. Guess what? I didnt "check in" but it didnt mean I wans't there. Life still happened!
  • imageamdraza:
    I have another one... I hate those "life sucks, poor me" posts. I want to tell them to stop complaining, but I don't.

THIS! Once in awhile, venting about a sh!ttastic day is one thing, but the constant poor me posts get under my skin. 

I also refrain from posting political stuff. I have a good mix of liberal and conservative friends (and I'm conservative), but I just don't think FB is the place for that. I like my social media to be shallow and fun. 

Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • i want to defriend my mother, but im scared to death to do this because ill miss her crazy ass posts that she puts up with all her BS...i have to monitor her and have my dad fix  her posts on a weekly basis because she is just flipping nuts

i also avoid the politics stuff (usually) because im conservative and live in massachusetts so all my friends are liberals :)

• imagevibrantstar:
    I constantly want to call out a frienemy on their BS, but continue to remind myself that I have to be the mature one.  Regardless of the passive aggressive sh!t they post.  I just hope that everyone else sees them for who they are, but it's so doubtful.

This times 100! :)  

10.2.10 Married my best friend! 12.26.10 BFP 8.27.11 Baby Logan's born
  • I always want to call out all of the BS about how sh*ty peoples lives are. I do have one cousin that I do call out though cause her life is crap because she made it that way.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, that I work with a bunch of douchebags.  Too bad I friended them before I really knew them, lol.
  • On our local flea-market group I want to post "the grammar people use on this page is appalling".   But I just can't do that, especially given that some of it is local dialect and not improper use of the English language.
  • imageCatahoulaMom:
    I more want to comment on the really stupid crap that ends up on my wall but I try and refrain. The whole "Sigh...." random crap where you want people to either shut up or just say what's wrong, and the TMI that I see like from one friend- "My tummy is so upset and rumbly and I can't stay away from the bathroom!". Really? Does FB need to know that?

I  hate the TMI statuses!!!! A friend of mine recently wrote about her child's rash on her privates... in detail. For one: no one needs to know about that unless maybe they are a close friend/family member. For two: how many FB friends do you have? 200+... that now all know about your daughters private parts!! Ugh!!

• BK33BK33 member

Ok well I'm not really a chickenshit Stick out tongue but if I posted this it would be so immature and cause soooo much drama.  "My husbands ex-wife/baby mama is a dellusional selfish bi#$h and I hope she never has anymore children!" 

I have also thought about posting my views on gay marriage but that's just a bad idea.

• Mine would be:

1.) I sent you a wedding gift in MAY. I messaged you just to make sure you recieved it and you never answered me.  A THANK YOU WOULD BE NICE!

2.)SIL.. stay the he!! away from my FB. I would totally delete you if I could.

I have decided that it's MY FB and if someone posts a comment I don't like, I delete it. I don't explain why, it's just gone the next time they look. I had a family member tell me at 37 weeks "I hate to burst your bubble, but ffull term isn't until 38 weeks". If you don't want to burst my bubble, then don't! Delete!

:::vent over::: Big Smile

• 1. I know somebody who ONLY posts pictures of herself. Really? Get over yourself. You're not that hot.

2. Then I have another friend whose EVERY SINGLE POST is about her damn boyfriend. Then she makes these comments about how she misses me and never sees me anymore. Then pick up the stupid phone and call me, because I got tired of calling you, and by the way, you were supposed to be my best friend and blew off my shower to go on a weekend getaway with this boyfriend. Not cool. 

3. What I really want to post is "If I haven't talked to you since you sat behind me in 9th grade algebra, I really don't care about the goings on of your daily life. Don't try and friend me. You're just not that important to me."

That was a long vent, sorry.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekjgilhoo:
    On our local flea-market group I want to post "the grammar people use on this page is appalling".   But I just can't do that, especially given that some of it is local dialect and not improper use of the English language.

As a linguist I am actually so happy that someone recognizes not all grammar errors are 'improper' usage but some are actual dialect issues. 

I have the opposite impulse.  

I teach EFL, and get mad when people feel the need to post openly about other people's grammar.  I understand if its something ridiculous, and the meaning is not clear, it will need clarification.  

But if I have to read one more "I hate when people mix up, 'their' and 'they're' and 'there'" post, I might cry.  I almost always want to say, "well if you feel so passionate about this maybe you should go into to teaching, instead of critiquing..." (rarely are these people in a field even related to English, grammar, or teaching)

As a teacher who specializes in language learning and is fascinated with linguistics, it is annoying to see people belittle each other over small spelling errors online.  If it was an essay, or a document for work I would get it.  I just don't understand the grammar police obsession that takes over some people. 

Okay that was a little snarky :) 

Crayola, Crayola Rocks!
    White Knot White Knot White Knot White Knot White Knot
    White Knot Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekatchowski:

imagekjgilhoo:
    On our local flea-market group I want to post "the grammar people use on this page is appalling".   But I just can't do that, especially given that some of it is local dialect and not improper use of the English language.

As a linguist I am actually so happy that someone recognizes not all grammar errors are 'improper' usage but some are actual dialect issues. 

I have the opposite impulse.  

I teach EFL, and get mad when people feel the need to post openly about other people's grammar.  I understand if its something ridiculous, and the meaning is not clear, it will need clarification.  

But if I have to read one more "I hate when people mix up, 'their' and 'they're' and 'there'" post, I might cry.  I almost always want to say, "well if you feel so passionate about this maybe you should go into to teaching, instead of critiquing..." (rarely are these people in a field even related to English, grammar, or teaching)

As a teacher who specializes in language learning and is fascinated with linguistics, it is annoying to see people belittle each other over small spelling errors online.  If it was an essay, or a document for work I would get it.  I just don't understand the grammar police obsession that takes over some people. 

Okay that was a little snarky :)  

I used to be this way and some things do still get to me, but thankfully after taking three linguistics courses as electives for my M.Ed I learned enough to know the difference.  I too have become fascinated by linguistics and would love to study it more in depth. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"