Pregnant after 35

Passed the 1 hour glucose test

I am very glad to be done with that.  I just wanted to post because I talked to the lab tech and she told me that she sees women fail the test every day.  She told me that it has nothing to do with weight, or how much exercise you get, or your diet.  There are some things you just can't control - like how your body processes sugar.  So I just wanted you guys to know not to feel bad if you fail, and it's probably not worth it to try to eat, or not eat certain things before the test. 

Good luck everyone!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Passed the 1 hour glucose test

• You're totally right.. b/c I haven't been as good with this pregnancy at all and have the family history.. yadda yadda yadda.... and for some I passed it too.

My friend who had it recently (and lost all of her baby weight in 4 wks).. takes really good care of herself. Go figure.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats. I found out today I passed too! I did with the others on the 1 hour test, but seems like it's expected since I'm now AMA!
  • Loading the player...
  • Right on! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My doctor told me to not eat for 12 hours and then drink the stuff so that they don't have to repeat the test because of something I ate. He also suggested that the night before I don't go on a sugar binge.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • I passed the 1 hour test, but because of my history ( had GD with my second) they made me to the 2 hour/3 hour test anyways and I failed it!

Not sure how I passed the previous one...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"