Preemies

Im Back for support...planning #2

Hey ladies, Ive been a lurker for about a year now but DH and I have decided to plan for #2 in Oct. I delivered my amazing DS at 27wks 3 days.  The reason was....Undetermied PTL or irritable ute.  Because of that im so terriffed.  I blame myself, my body and the stress in my marrage at the time.  Hindsight being 20/20 I know that DH and I will do thing differently but it doesn't take away my fear it actual makes it worse.  I now know that my ignorance of preemies and the NICU really helped me thru it and now that I know what I know it scares me even more. I schduled an appointment with a new doctors office at our big hospital ( universtiy of Cincinnati) where I delivered my son and this is also where they kept him for 10 week.  The hospital has a level 3 NICU and the doctors there are just amazing.  so, I just guess that im reaching out for support so I can try and relax and enjoy this pregnancy but, I am a person that needs information to do that.  So, can anyone tell me what I might expect? and how do you all feel about doing a 10 wk CVS test? and whats the deal with progestarone (sp?) shots? any info or advice would be much appreciated...thanks ladies! You all helped me so much before and I am forever in your debt :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Birth 2lbs 10oz 15in long (4/28 ) 2months 2weeks 6lbs 4oz (discharge day ! ) 3 months 8lbs 6oz (due date 7/25 ) **1 years old 19lbs** **2 years old 25lbs 33 inches tall** Daisypath Vacation tickers image

Re: Im Back for support...planning #2

• This pregnancy, for me, has definitely been more stressful. I'm very worried that we could have another preemie (our DD was born after pPROM). On the other hand, this pregnancy has been so DIFFERENT than DD1's - and so much healthier. No swelling, no bp issues, more kicking. And I've had a bit more monitoring. I just keep reminding myself that every day of pregnancy could be my last, and that I should enjoy it, and that's working for me for the most part. If she comes early, we'll have to deal with it, but worrying about it won't prevent it from happening.

We did not do the CVS, so I don't have any input on that one. The progesterone (17p) shots would probably be a good idea for you - they are weekly shots from 16-36 weeks that help prevent another premature birth, especially if the reason your first was born early was PTL. So I'd definitely do those. Not sure if the docs you're planning to meet with are neonatologists or MFMs, but I'd definitely discuss monitoring/what to expect with a MFM before you get pg, since your first was so early.

Also, we have a Pregnant After Preemie check-in every Wednesday for ladies TTC, thinking about TTC, or pg, and that's a good support (plus it's great seeing just how many have gone on to have healthy, full-term pregnancies after having a preemie).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • thank you very much..I have an appointment on the 10th of Aug to discuss things with the doctors and to get some prenatal vits. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Birth 2lbs 10oz 15in long (4/28 ) 2months 2weeks 6lbs 4oz (discharge day ! ) 3 months 8lbs 6oz (due date 7/25 ) **1 years old 19lbs** **2 years old 25lbs 33 inches tall** Daisypath Vacation tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi,

We are basically in the same boat...Hubby and I are going to TTC starting at the end of August and I'm terrified.  Cameron was born at 30w 1 day due to ptl for unknown reasons....I have already had an initial visit with my OB and she said we will be working with an MFM and I will be receiving the p17 shots (which she said are pretty painful).  I feel like if we don't start trying now, then I will talk myself out of trying again and I don't want to regret a decision like that.

Overall my pregnancy was normal, I didn't even have morning sickness.  Now we have a plan, I have been working with a personal trainer to stay fit, my diet has changed and a lot of the stress (I think this may have been the reason for the ptl) from my old job is gone because I quit.  Being pregnant was a nightmare for me because of how I was treated at work.

I want to enjoy this upcoming pregnancy and I REFUSE to take anything for granted.  I guess you never really know what you have until it's gone.   I am determined to breastfeed this time around as well.  I was able to EP for 2.5 months...at that point, I was sore and had a low supply.  I had always wanted to breastfeed but I wasn't ready for EPing and didn't really do my research (since I had just plan to BF like normal).

Anyway.  Let the circus begin! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had DS at 26w2d due to IC.

With #2, I had a cerclage and P17 shots and delivered at 35w4d due to other misc issues. 

T&P!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"