Military Families
Options

Getting an appointment for a pregnancy test

So I have been trying and trying to call the doctor's office on post of a pregnancy test and I keep getting transferred and being put straight to voicemail. So I have left a message, but I'm not sure if I should just keep calling or if they really will call me back. This is my first encounter with a military doctor's office and I know that my doctor's office back home would have you on hold and then take your appointment. I would never leave a message because they would never have time to get back to you. Has this ever happened to you? What is your advice??
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Getting an appointment for a pregnancy test

• Options
    I don't know where you are stationed but here pregnancy is confirmed by blood test and it is walk in only. Once you have a your positive test then they will schedule you for your intake. Although maybe it's different everywhere. I only know about Hawaii.
  • Options
    on Fort carson you just walk in to the lab and tell them you need it. :D but they always did a pee test so if you wanted a blood ( i always ask for it its more accurate) I have to ask the doctor to refer it..  GOOD LUCK :D

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    At some places, it is walk in only to the lab. At other places, you can call the OB clinic directly to make an appointment if you got a BFP on an HPT. I would go to the lab or family care and ask.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would just walk in to your post clinic/hospital and demand a blood test. :) When I needed a pregnancy test, I was given the run around too, for DAYS. Finally I reached someone on the phone who said to just walk into my assigned clinic for a blood test. When I got there, I was informed by the receptionist that I did need an appointment after all, but she let me go back to the lab for a test anyway! It takes less than 5 minutes...so they should be able to squeeze you in. GL and congratulations! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Don't worry about the phone, I would just walk in there and ask.
  • Options
    Where I'm at they call it a pregnancy clinic. You just walk into the clinic and tell the person at the desk you need a pregnancy test. You have to be more than 2 weeks late or have a postive home pregnancy test. I filled out my paperwork, had my lab work done and then waited for someone to talk to me. Depending on the time you go you might be able to find out the results in about an hour or they call you at home.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    OP, where is your family stationed? We could help more if we knew which post/base.
  • Options

So after calling without fail and leaving two messages and getting through to one person, they told me to just come in (basically laughing at the fact that I was even calling...sorry this is my FIRST time going through this I don't know what I am doing...) Then when I was set on that, one of the lady's that I left a message for called me back and talked me through the whole process and got my information and put me in the system and everything and told me to come anytime. So I will be going today and my husband is going with me. Thanks for all your responses!! I really appreciate it!!

P.S. We are stationed at Fort Bragg. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagepdmsgirl:

So after calling without fail and leaving two messages and getting through to one person, they told me to just come in (basically laughing at the fact that I was even calling...sorry this is my FIRST time going through this I don't know what I am doing...) Then when I was set on that, one of the lady's that I left a message for called me back and talked me through the whole process and got my information and put me in the system and everything and told me to come anytime. So I will be going today and my husband is going with me. Thanks for all your responses!! I really appreciate it!!

P.S. We are stationed at Fort Bragg. 

We were too! So I feel your frustration. :) GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"