LGBT Parenting
Options

Ten Things Tuesday

What's happening ladies?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ten Things Tuesday

• Options

1. going back and reading that 'how many IUIs' post makes me depressed.  and makes me wonder if that pain is ever really going to go away.

2. i misplaced my debit card and had to put back a delicous looking danish this morning in the cafe since i only had enough cash for my coffee

3. it was divine intervention - my hips dont need a danish

4. i'm excited to try a blueberry zucchini bread recipe with the blueberries and zucchini we got in our farm share this week.  sounds like the perfect thing to bring on vaca!

5. omg. vaca in just a few days. eek! and yay!

6. i'm running low on time off so DW will be taking friday off to pack.  this makes me nervous...my kids might be wearing some very interesting outfits next week.

7.  my house is a mess. the kids' attorney came over yesterday and their social worker is coming today.  thus, i should care that the house is a mess. but i just dont have the time.

8. speaking of the kids' attorney - he gave us some very depressing news on anticipated timelines.  i hate my state.  at this pace Sprout is going to be able to drive himself to his adoption party.

9. i'm dead tired.  I slept exactly an hour last night - in 4 15 minute increments. 

10. when i said that Daisy was a better teether than RB, i was wrong.

• Options

1. L seems to have come home from her writing weekend invigorated and happy (more often than not, she is exhausted and defeated.) It was so nice to see.

2.  We opted not to take the kids to the birthday party tonight from 7:30-9. Instead, L is taking them swimming so they can show off their new skills!

3. I have $40 in Old Navy gift cards that need to be used by this weekend. I could not find anything in the store to buy last night. I tried on a dozen things with no luck and there was nothing for the kids (everything was still summer stuff.) I ended up buying them two more summer shirts (that they don't need) and still have $20 left.

4. I have been surfing Etsy and found all kinds of cool art. Sadly, we have no where to put it in our house.

5. About 4y ago, we bought frames for the playroom to frame pictures of the kids. We only got 4 of the 10 up. I am ordering updated pictures to go in the frames and hope that we can get them on the wall in the next few weeks.

6. L keeps asking what I want for my birthday. I have no idea. I have some ideas - but they aren't fun for the kids (ie. teeth whitening at the dentist!) LOL.

7. I must have been exhausted this morning. I never heard L get up, shower, and leave for work.

8. Carter has decided to eschew his bed in favor of sleeping on the floor. Every night when I go check on him, he is curled up on the floor either between his bed and Gray's or between his bed and the wall. He says he just likes it better. I wonder if he feels more comfortable in the small space. I always feel badly when I see him lying on the floor, but what can you do?

9.  I got a 20% coupon for Pei-Wei take out. Hmmm...dinner??

10. Sometimes my work drives me bat-$hit crazy. Like today.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1.  I keep having nightmares that the baby is here and I have no diapers

2.  So I bit the bullet and started prepping all of my cloth diapers last night.  I started off terrified I would ruin them and now I just want the deed over.  jeez.  5 loads for all the different types of diapers I have is about 30 loads too many! 

3.  I will be happy to have it done and more on to worrying about something else.

4.  I found out I failed the 1 hour glucose test yesterday and I am pissed off.  It was scheduled for 1pm and I was starving so I called bout 2 or 3 hours before the test and asked if there was anything I could eat (I hadn't eaten since 7pm the night before) and the nurse said 'toast with butter'.  At the time I thought.. weird.  Bread = carbs.  Carbs break down into sugars.. but what do I know, right?  So I ate the toast and proceeded to clean my house in a frenzy (therefore converting all those carbs just in time to fail).

5.  So now I have to sit in the midwife's office for 4 hours next Wednesday and not move (cause it converts sugars - why wasn't I told this prior?) and fast (= no toast) and get my blood drawn like 3 or 4 times.  I would bet 10.00 it was the toast.

6.  Stop complaining, Jean.

7.  The nursery glider is being delivered next Tuesday and I can't wait.  Once it is in and I see that indeed it is way too big for the space and need to move everything around, then I can finally finish decorating.

8.   I feel like a deadbeat/sugar eating mom for failing the GD test.. :(  I ate a popsicle last night and K made a joke about sugar and it made me feel awful.  I told her, about 30 min later, and then she felt awful.  I can take a joke as well as I can hand one out but it stung.  

9.   When we were in ptown, there were a ton of lesbian families staying at the same place as us.  It was so fun to watch them interact and swim and talk.  I haven't really witnessed a lot of same-sex families.  It made me really excited for family week next year

10.  Gotta go check on the diapers! 

11.  I wish I could meet everyone in Chicago!  I love Chicago!  I looked up tickets and then realized I am probably too pregnant for this GTG but I am in for the next one! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. I should start my work now.

2. No really, I've yet to accomplish anything substantial today.

3. I just had to google 'substantial' to make sure I spelled it correctly.

4. I found someone to stay at my house and watch the dogs when I go on vacation. Yay!

5. Maybe I'll clean out my inbox, that's work.

6. Anyone want to go clothes shopping for me? I need clothes vacation because I don't fit in anything anymore.  That's depressing.

7. My wife ordered this for DD (for Xmas). It arrived yesterday and the box is so big and heavy I was only barely able to drag it inside the house. I have no idea where I'm going to store it until December.

8. I just paid a stupid amount of money for organic lawn fertilizer.

9. ???

10. I'm really going to to work now ;-)

• Options

1. Iz's county social worker visited yesterday, finalization is still set for December.  I wonder what San Francisco is like in December? 

2. We are friends with another lesbian couple that fosters with our agency, they aren't sure they want to adopt the little boy in their care (they've adopted three already) and might ask his social worker to refer his case to us for adoption.

3. School starts on Monday!

4. Iz's birthday party is in 2 1/2 weeks.

5. I still haven't thought about her cake, maybe I should do that today.

6. How have I managed to keep the house this clean with 3 kids?

7. We looked at minivans this weekend, we really need one.

8. We have tomatoes coming out the wazoo, Iz keeps calling them potatoes.

9. I'm reading a book written by a slave and it's heartbreaking.

10. My cat is creepy, she keeps staring at me like there is a ghost behind me. 

• Options
    imagejeannkerricotober09:

8.   I feel like a deadbeat/sugar eating mom for failing the GD test.. :(  I ate a Popsicle last night and K made a joke about sugar and it made me feel awful.  I told her, about 30 min later, and then she felt awful.  I can take a joke as well as I can hand one out but it stung. 

don't feel badly. I also failed the 1hr test and had to take the 3hr one as well. Just bring something to do (I brought a laptop with a movie and watched that. I also picked up somone's WiFi and surfed the internet.)  Bring a pb&j or something with some protein for when it is over. I stuffed that sandwich into my mouth as I walked to my car! :)

Two - My kids played on one of those airplane teeter-totter things at a friends house and LOVED it. It is so cool!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

1) ahhh I am a mommy and I love it !!!! I LOVE THEM ....

2) still amazed by the 2 girls .... ack !!!

3) TWO GIRLS- i was a lil worried when TTC about this but its gonna be just fine

4) If i can only figure out how to cope n deal with Melanie's hormones- Yikes. one min she is fine the next flying off the handle the next crying ... I feel so bad 

5)working on getting in to a routine but the girls like to change it up every few days.

6) wondering how and when we will know if they need to eat more- 

7) sleeping well considering I thought it would be much worse 3hr schedule is okay

8)  omg - THE HORMONES- Seems like there is not rationalizing but no matter what i say or do even if its agreeing  I'm wrong ... need some tips !!!

9)  my mom is here helping and  wow.. i love her but she does not participate in active listening and really needs hearing aids but refuses to get them and does not hear.  

10) ok gotta go ... Babies are hungry and need to be changed!!! POOPASAURUS REX'S

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

1. I was talking to Jen this morning about a law school classmate's wedding guest list, and said "We graduated four years ago, it's not like he has some obligation to invite everyone we were friends with." And then I realized that I graduated four years ago, and I feel like I have very little to show for the last four years.

2. I think this is partly b/c this is the first time in my adult life that I've stayed at one job and in one house for more than 18 months. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. Just different.

3. It's also b/c I am so, so, so ready for kids.

4. I bought a cute (very cheap) skirt this weekend and I want to wear it to work, but my legs are a bright pink, brown, peeling post-sunburn mess.

5. [Deleted political rant.]

6. In the shower this morning, I thought "Don't forget to figure out dinner before you leave." Why doesn't this thought ever occur to me when I'm in the kitchen, making/eating breakfast? Of course I forgot.

7. So excited to see my parents and brother and sister in two weeks.

8. My mom said that my dad "is making plans," but she won't say what.

9. I'm proud of Jen for getting so involved with her high school mentee. She took the morning off work to go support her at a speech competition.

10. She's going to be such an awesome mom. Smile

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

1. E is becoming such a big girl...we have had the most enlightening conversations lately.

2. I think my goal of getting E to bed earlier is helping with the transition to no naps at school...if only I could get her dad on board.

3. E's paternal grandma keeps reaching out to me asking to spend time with E...it is wearing me out having to explain to another person the juggling act I do and that I'm trying to do my best.

4. K and I had a repeated disagreement last week and it felt like the conversation went nowhere because she wasn't hearing me. We are supposed to see each other tomorrow and talk about things and I'm anxious about how things will go.

5. I wish we were going to p-town...sigh.

6. I need to get more involved with the local rainbow.families group, I want E to have more exposure to SS families.

7. E keeps talking about wanting to move to the area where my brother lives (closer to the city) and what a neat place it is. Yes baby, hopefully in time that will happen.

8. I can't believe July is almost over.

9. We had a thunderstorm yesterday which doesn't happen often here. I love thunderstorms!

10. I need to be more focused at work today...so that's why I'm doing my TTT. Stick out tongue

• Options

1. I don't really like change.

2. We're going to view a possible new apartment tonight. This would be a BIG change.  The apartment would be better for fictional baby.

3. Fictional baby.  Yikes.  Waiting on my stupid period to come to do next steps of testing.

4. Possible work changes for us, maybe.

5. Getting a new officemate at work.

6. So much change.  But all for the better.

7. I cant believe CT's foster care system is so slow.  How can a progressive state be so behind??

8. The last week of the month is crazy at my job.

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    imageKershnic:

7. I cant believe CT's foster care system is so slow.  How can a progressive state be so behind??

::sigh:: its because i live in a progressive (well, liberal) state that its sooo slow.  rights must be upheld. every opportunity must be given...

but also I recently learned that our little state has one of the highest (if not the highest) per capita rate of kids in foster care.  i didnt word that correctly, but i think you can figure out what i mean :P  thus, veeerry bogged down courts.

• Options
    imageseattlekari:

3. E's paternal grandma keeps reaching out to me asking to spend time with E...it is wearing me out having to explain to another person the juggling act I do and that I'm trying to do my best.

Does this mean E's dad's mom? If so, it seems to me she should be having this convo with E's dad and not you. It should come out of his time and cause him the frustration, not you. Just my humble opinion on keeping you sane ;) Good luck with this!

Mommies to 5 fur babies!
    TTC#1 since 2004
    LGBT
    4 cycles @ home with known donor - BFN
    RE un-medicated IUI cycles # 1-7= BFN
    NEW RE Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/ IUI #8 BFN
    Took long break
    Nov 2009 - Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/IUI #9 = BFP
    Beta 12/4 - 10...Beta #2 12/7- 28 Beta #3 12/9 - 80!
    1st sonogram 12/28 - slow hb and growth
    m/c 1/1/2010 Courtland 8w0d
    Nov 2010 cycle cancelled - polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    April 4 2011 - IUI #10 BFFN
    July 5, 2011 - #11 BFFN AMH .62 Boo
  • Options
    imagethemommymonster:
    image2moms2twins:

4) If i can only figure out how to cope n deal with Melanie's hormones- Yikes. one min she is fine the next flying off the handle the next crying ... I feel so bad 

8)  omg - THE HORMONES- Seems like there is not rationalizing but no matter what i say or do even if its agreeing  I'm wrong ... need some tips !!!

Have patience and listen. Baby blues are normal, but after the first 4-6 weeks it may develop into PPD or PPA (or both). I cried about everything, all day, every day when we brought C home and for a long time after. The hormones are insane, really. I felt like a crazy person, but there is nothing she can do to control it.

She is not intending to attack you. Trust me. These feeling she are having are beyond her control.

Thank you ,,, today it just hit me ... and i just cant stand the rudeness and the bitting off my head bit either.  I do feel bad that she has to go through it and I sort of walk on eggshells but man this AM its just blew up - prolly me being tired and her being tired.   I really have an aversion to the rudeness I like just switches me off in to OFF mode.  She got mad because i usually give kids a bottle in the am so she can sleep and been doing since they were home  today apparently that was a problem... ugg... so now I am sulking in the office-

it does not sound like she feels like s crazy person and honestly today I would be more comfortable is that is what she felt like because WOW...

I know she is not intending to attack me but when i mention to her about her tone or something  it just goes haywire.  Prolly a lil sleep deprivation. 

Thank you - sometimes i feel alone as in like I really cant do much with Babies as she want to Breastfeed all the time and i just change poopy diapers which I love but I feel useless at times - 

I dunno ,,,

- J

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

1.  My temps are so strange this cycle.  I didn't have a jump like normal; they just crept up.  FF think I Od three days after I think I did.  Hm.  I guess we'll find out in about a week!

2.  I just ate a cheese sandwich and decided I need something else: pancakes.

3.  I used to love 7th Heaven.  I wish somebody would run re-runs! 

4.  Instead we have The Secret Life of Teenagers Having Sex, or whatever.  Yuck.

5.  My pancakes were awesome.  I love coming home for my lunch break!

6.  I'm excited for a possible Chicago get together!  Rikki: let me know if there's anything I can help you plan!

7.  I'm doing so much better at this TWW than ever before.  I loved ICI!  I never want to do IUI again.  But, of course, I will do it in a split second if that's what we need to do.

8.  My dogs are cute.  If I can ever figure out how to connect my camera to my laptop I might post a pic!

9.  A lot of people I graduated with are getting teaching jobs and it makes me question my decision to stay in my current position until I can SAH in a year or two.

10. Gotta head to work- have a great day, bumpies!

• Options

jenkerri, don't stress over it. C failed by 1 pt and had to do the 3hr. She was only 15 w (long story) and passed, but had to do the whole thing again at 28 w. Schedule it EARLY in the day.

1) I am SO appreciate of the lovely gift we got! THANK YOU!!!!

2) We got an awesome virtual shower from my wedding month board - we're still in touch - and nicer presents than from most of my IRL friends. How screwy is that? I love them though and we email a lot.

3) I think I'm going to go to BBB at lunch!

4) I have to talk to my boss's boss (he's on vacation) about my resignation today and beg her to complete my reference form ASAP so i can start my new job on time.

5) we're having babies in 2.5 weeks omg.

6) we're under contract on a house. it is a money pit for sure. i am in love.

7) C is worried about money. all the time. we're going to be broke for 5 yrs. this house is pretty cheap but taxes here are $$.

8) i did baby laundry last night and kept sniffing it. i love tide.

9) i think the dog knows something is up

10) we are going to get quotes for the kitchen remodel this weekend.

• Options
    1. Little Man is still on benadryl because of the allergic reaction to hummus he had on Sunday. He is still itching, has bumps, and the swelling around his eyes has not completely gone down.
    2. I need to get up and switch over the laundry, but instead I am typing.
    3. Little Man qualified for the EI program, but not Peanut. Like the lady said on the phone, even if only one twin qualifies they both still benefit.
    4. Little Man has an appointment with the allergist in two week at CNMC. We were told to expect to be there for 2 to 3 hours.
    5. I pray Peanut doesn't have any allergies. I wonder if the allergist recommend if we have her checked at some point.
    6. The Kiddos also have their post-op appointment in two weeks...I hope they test the Kiddos' hearing.
    7. I felt bad for sending C to work with the Kiddos this afternoon (so they could go to daycare), but laundry is so backed up and there is no way I can handle the Kiddos and do laundry. The house is not child-proofed enough (basically, Little Man climbs on anything he can).
    8. The EI team was surprised on the amount of formula we give the Kiddos. We kind of felt like we were being scolded.
    9. We so need a bigger house with at least 2 bathrooms and 3 nice-sized rooms.
    10. Number nine just made me depressed...off to change the laundry.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagecookiemonster03:

4) I have to talk to my boss's boss (he's on vacation) about my resignation today and beg her to complete my reference form ASAP so i can start my new job on time.

new job, new babies, new house? woah! but exciting!

• Options

1. I worked overnight last night and usually sleep until at least 1pm, but was woken at 10:30 by a bad dream and a text message cancelling my afternoon client session.

2. I have a 24 hour cancellation policy, but I'm not enforcing it because I want the afternoon off and I want my client to do what's best for them today.

3. We had such a great weekend camping.

4. We have guests coming three weekends in a row next month. It'll be fun but busy.

5. One of my friends just finished an internship at an orphanage in Uganda. Her updates have been heartbreaking.

6. She and I are having happy hour on Monday before she moves to Africa for a year. I'm excited.

7. I'm reading the Millennium (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) series and enjoying them as complex suspense novels set in another culture. The violence is hard to take but I was prepared since I saw the Swedish movies first (which I'm re-watching after each book).

8. We were in a car accident the Saturday before last and my shoulder has been tight and uncomfortable. I got an rx for massage and get to get 90 min sessions with my favorite person (who I can't usually afford).

9. I rearranged my schedule for something this evening that just fell through. Now I'm trying to piece it back together.

10. Christine will be home this afternoon. I'm looking forward to having lunch with her (and then putting the camping stuff away together).

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagectbride08:
    imagecookiemonster03:

omg. omg. omg. Luckily, we won't be moving out of my parents until at least late October (we're hoping to close in September and redo the kitchen and paint the whole place before moving).

And, um, looks like the babies are coming on Friday. Like 3 days. omg.

• Options

1. I missed my second test in my College Algebra test today. *sigh* It's looking like I may have to drop it. 

2. This will be the third time I've had to drop this da*n class.

3. I can't get the hang of it. I took College Algebra my junior year of high school.

4. I'm so stressed out about getting into Grad school and the GRE that I've forgotten to focus on just getting my Bachelors.

5. Four semesters left.

6. It sucks being a grown up.

7. I hate money. This is the first time in three months we didn't overdraw our bank account!! We're doing better! LOL

8. J and I went to the Social Security office today and we officially changed her name!

9. Unfortunately, her mother never got around to changing J's middle name on her birth certificate, which is wrong, or her SS card which is also wrong and those two aren't even the same wrong middle name.

10. And my last name on my license is Broadway instead of Broadaway so now we have to legally change her middle name, change my last name on my license thus having to change my last name on the marriage license, then have SS change her name again lol. Ugh.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageTanya+Da:
    imageseattlekari:

Does this mean E's dad's mom? If so, it seems to me she should be having this convo with E's dad and not you. It should come out of his time and cause him the frustration, not you. Just my humble opinion on keeping you sane ;) Good luck with this!

Yes, it is E's dad's mom. And yes, under normal circumstances she SHOULD be contacting E's dad to arrange time with E. However, E's dad now blames his mom for most of the F'ed up things he has done with his life and their relationship is strained at best. E's paternal grandparents took care of her from birth until age 2 when we enrolled her in preschool and I am eternally grateful to them for that. I don't wish for E to miss out on continuing her relationship with them. They are quite a bit older and not in the best of health now, so I'm willing to make sacrifices to allow E to have memories with them. I shouldn't complain but lately it's been a lot of people (my parents, E's dad) making comments about the time they get with her and I'm just at my max. Thanks for thinking of me.:)

• Options
    imagecookiemonster03:
    imagectbride08:
    imagecookiemonster03:

omg. omg. omg. Luckily, we won't be moving out of my parents until at least late October (we're hoping to close in September and redo the kitchen and paint the whole place before moving).

Holy sh*t!!!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagejeannkerricotober09:
    imagecookiemonster03:
    imagectbride08:
    imagecookiemonster03:

Holy sh*t!!!  

Wow!!! 

• Options

CT - Extra long time awaiting permanency = higher volume of foster kids.  Circular problem!  But of course you are the expert on this.  Birth parent rights are important, but there have been major reforms in foster care in this country for a reason!!  Your state obviously does not believe.  It makes me mad, so I can only imagine your rage.

Cookie - 3 days!!! :o  I am fighting off my feelings of major major house jealousy, and am superly excited for you!

Seattle - Sometimes you have to just breathe and focus on your immediate family.  Sounds like you're doing a good job navigating a tough situation. 

IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

1. We just got home from two nights away.

2. Instead of feeling rejuvenated we feel stressed out.

3. I was expecting a +OPK today, but nope... maybe tomorrow.

4. This means M won't be able to go to the IUI with me because she is taking her students to camp.

5. M is super stressed and upset she will miss the IUI.

6. I am obsessed with Guiliana & Bill. I want them to have a baby!

7.  My diet went completely out the window the last few days. Tomorrow is a new day...

8. I want to lose weight so that my future baby bump will be cute... I know that is borderline crazy.

9. I am going to be dept. chair next year and I am stressed about it.

10. Some people at work know that we have baby on the brain and I am nervous to go back to work.... not pregnant... in just a few weeks...

I feel like this TTT was more of a rant. I promise I am not always this snarky :(

• Options

8. I want to lose weight so that my future baby bump will be cute... I know that is borderline crazy.

I have never admitted this to anyone, but . . . me too. EmbarrassedSmile

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

geeeegers - My wife cried when I told her a story I read online about someone missing her wife's IUI.  And she's thinking of a new job that would mean less flexibility.  I shudder to think of this in our future...  Good luck to you, hopefully it will turn positive so she can go!

Also, although I have made peace with the idea that I won't have a cute baby bump, it makes me sad!  I say whatever motivates you is a good thing!  :) 

IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    image2moms2twins:

Hang in there! Postpartum hormones can be intense! I cried a ton the first couple weeks after Lex was born. I was anxious and edgy and basically completely crazy. Kelly wasn't really like that after having Eli so we were caught off guard and it was tough. It should pass after the first couple weeks. If it doesn't, then she needs to go in and talk to her doctor about postpartum depression/anxiety. You may need to keep her honest on it, because she might not realize how bad things are. Until then, try not to take any of it personally. Just keep offering support. Take breaks when you need them. Remember this too shall pass--or whatever mantra works for you ;) 

Having been on both sides, Kel and I both think that being the non-birthing mom is harder in a lot of ways. First there is the crazy to deal with ;) and then, if you are nursing, there isn't a lot of room for you to bond with the babies right away. It is kind of all about the boob for a bit.  This gets better too! Once they get old enough to stretch out their feedings a bit and explore their world--it becomes more than just diaper duty ;) 

• Options

Late to the game, but:

1. Lex was 11 weeks old yesterday. How did that happen?

2. I am still on maternity leave for another 5 weeks--feels like its flying by! I love having this time at home.

3. Despite being on leave, I have been doing some work. I just had to write a reply brief for an appeal and with minor tweaks from the partner we sent it to the client who loved it. That was a much needed boost of confidence, because I am still feeling kind of foggy these days.

4. We are going to visit some friends who just had a little girl a couple weeks ago. Can't wait to meet her, but it will be weird for Lex to look big. She is still such a peanut compared to Eli at this age. 

5. This weekend we are having a baby shower for another friend who is also having a little girl. I am making the cake--can't decide on how to decorate it yet.

6. Last year it seemed like everyone was having boys. This year seems to be the year of the girl. weird

7. Now that the state government is back open, I hope we get the last bit of paperwork we need back, so we can file Lex's adoption petition. It took us a year to get Eli adopted (state lost my background check), so I would like to get this one done before I go back to work.

8. Plus, if we do the adoption soon, the kids can wear their wedding outfits. They were so cute all dressed up!

9. I signed up for a free netflix trial. Between that and hulu, I am going to need tv detox before I start back at work.

10. Or maybe I could just win the lottery so I can stay home with the kids ;) 

• Options
    imagectbride08:

but also I recently learned that our little state has one of the highest (if not the highest) per capita rate of kids in foster care.  i didnt word that correctly, but i think you can figure out what i mean :P  thus, veeerry bogged down courts.

From my limited knowledge (ie--you) I wonder if they have the highest rate per capita of kids who ENTER foster care or who are IN foster care.  It makes me wonder if the rates of kids who enter foster care are similar to other states, but they can NEVER LEAVE care. Hmmmm.

Foster to Adopt Licensure Process. Expect to be licensed in Sept or Oct. Looking for infant and older sibling.
  • Options

1. I have MONO!  Mono.

2. I am 31 years old.  Mono. 

3. Expect a very negative 10 things post.  And every one to include the word 'mono.'

4. How did I know something was wrong?  I woke up Monday with 3 (three!) coldsores. Guess mono really wrecked my immune system.

5. Did you know Valtrex (for herpes I &II) is also useful for treating mono?

6.  I was home for 2 days and slept more than I expect to sleep in the next year. 

7. We had just moved the office upstairs. I really miss the laptop my partner gets for work (10 months a year--she's a teacher.) I wanted to blog and bump from my couch. 

8. I'm at work (can't you tell ;) ? )  And currently have a blanket over my shoulders like a 90 year old woman.

9. I had been doing really well on this couch to 5K program that I signed up for.  Our race is in 3 weeks.  I don't think it's smart to go to work tonight. On account of the mono. 

10.  Next week I hope to say other words than mono.

Foster to Adopt Licensure Process. Expect to be licensed in Sept or Oct. Looking for infant and older sibling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"