April 2011 Moms
Options

formula question.

i started lo of enfimil newborn and she was on it up until she was spitting up large amounts out of no where so i switch her to similac and she does great on it, but ever since i switched her she doesnt STTN like she used to. well last night i ran out of similac ( i live overseas and the one american store we have that sells it is closed on mondays ) so i tried her again with the enfimil newborn and she has done great! and she even STTN. im not sure if i should keep trying the enfimil newborn and see how she does before i stock up on the similac again? the doc said that her spitting up a large amount was just a phase that she ill outgrow the spitting up.. i wonder if she outgrew it already. shes 3 months

Photobucket

Re: formula question.

• Options
    You can always try Enfamil AR... thats what my LO is on.  He doesn't spit up anymore and he STTN.  The only downer  is that he is a bit constipated... but the doctor said that will go away in a week or so.
    ~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member
    Babies spit up.  Some more than others and it's reflux.  it's possible she can outgrow reflux after 3 mo.  Or your DD may have spit up enfamil as a newborn b/c her stomach was still immature and adjusting to the food.  As she grows older her stomach matures.  My Dr. said you can switch from diffn't brands to diffn't proteins (soy, regular) of formula cold turkey.  Some babies can handle it and some get side effects such as constipation for a cpl. days until they get use to the switch.  I say use the formula you feel comfortable with and if your DD STTN w/ both you're in great shape!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

thanks!! i think im going to try the enfimil newborn for a few days and test it out again to see if she starts to spit up large amounts like she did when she was on it before,but so far shes been great! if she doesnt spit up im going to stick with the enfimil.

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"