Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

5 days after D&C still cramping and contracing.. :(

Ouch! It's also my first day back at work..so I have been sitting upright and getting up and down from my chair to walk around the office to walk files over or something..really starting to hurt in my lower back too..sharp pains way down there as well...it just still hurts..c'mon vicodin kick in! :(

How long after your D&C did you have pains for? (in the back of my mind all I can think of is, prolonged pain=possible 2nd D&C which I would just lose it if I had to have another..bleeding is normal I think) so I am trying to convince myself this pain is normal for the procedure I had...still recovering etc..advice?

thanks...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 5 days after D&C still cramping and contracing.. :(

• I'm sorry it's still hurting that much!  I didn't have a D&C so I really don't know what's normal.  I would call your doc if it keeps hurting though.  Good luck and hope you feel better soon.
  • I had cramping and lower back pain about a week after my D&C. But it wasn't anything unbearable that a few tylenol didn't help. If it gets too terribly bad, I would call the Doctor.
    First BFP April 2011, EDD 01/11/11, MMC June 20, 2011 D&C June 20, 2011 Second BFP September 23, 20011 CP diagnosed September 26, 2011 PAL/PGAL welcome
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry you're hurting. Unfortunately, my story isn't the best. After my D&C I had heavy bleeding and pain for almost two weeks, then at 14 days past the D&C I passed a huge, huge clot that scared me enough to go to the ER. I did not have to have another procedure, but it took a good three weeks before I was feeling physically myself. I can't imagine being back at work so soon, you are one tough cookie.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hello, So sorry for your loss. I had a D&E recently. I was just a few days short of 20 weeks. For the day of the surgery and the day after, I did have some strong cramps, but it was mainly a lot of soreness. But it was nothing that wasn't bearable. I took prescription strength Ibprofyn (probably spelled that wrong!) and that helped. By day 3, I experienced a few isolated yet strong cramps and only had to take 1 dose of the Ibprofyn (6 hr med.) for the day. By day 4, I did not need anything for pain (no real cramps, just soreness). For the first 3 days, I just rested and walked around the house and I think that helped me heal quickly. I also took my med's religiously (They prescribed me antibiotics, blood clotting medicine, codeine and ibprofyn. The codeine I did not end up needing.)

Everyone is very different so I don't know if my experience is even typical, especially for a later term D&E. I don't know if this makes any difference, but I had moderate bleeding that lasted for the first couple days then spotting for another week after that. Then reoccurent bleeding after that. I was told that the bleeding could return again soon (and it not be a period).

If you are still in pain, I would call your dr. Perhaps there is something that they can do for you so that the pain does not have to continue. I wish you the best!

• I had my D&C on Mon and was in pain until about Sat.  I took my ibuprofen with me every where.  I entertained the thought of digging into the percoset I had left over from my tonsillectomy in Jan.
    Trying to conceive #2 since Oct. 2008 BFP 6/14/11, 7/5/11 - Gestational Sac measured 7 weeks 6 days, Baby measured 5 weeks 6 days, No Heartbeat, 7/11/11 - Missed Miscarriage confirmed, 7/18/11 - D&C
  • I'm sorry that your still hurting after all that you have been through. Unfortunately i started cramping this morning out of nowhere and i am almost out of the prescription pain meds i had. :( I would say if the pain is too intense call your doctor but you might be doing too much at work. My boss had me at my desk most of the day and i haven't done much filing lately. Hope you feel better soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"