April 2011 Moms

Mildly annoyed (NBR)

So, we just got home from a wedding yesterday.  I realized when we got to the actual wedding that we had left the card with a cash gift back at the hotel.  I figured it was not a big deal and I would just mail it to them today and actually made it to the post office this morning and got it out.  My DH calls me today to make sure I did because apparently the groom called him to see if we had brought a gift to the wedding and he explained that it was in the mail.  They were apparently calling everyone who they did not receive a card/gift from before leaving for their honeymoon because as the groom explained to my DH, they "just want to have things set at the bank before we leave."

I guess it's not that big of a deal, I just found it odd that they would call.  Not to mention, we traveled over 7 hours with our three month old, paid for two hotel rooms for three day (one for my parents to stay in so they could watch DD), and had to eat out for all of those meals.  They live a half hour from us, but wanted to have their wedding at a lake they enjoy.   I was just happy I made it out of the hotel with shoes that matched! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mildly annoyed (NBR)

• You have every right to be annoyed. That is incredibly tacky!!  We also attended a wedding this weekend that was not close to home- flight to Georgia (from chicago), 3 nights at a hotel, rental car and food.

If i would have gotten that call I probably would have gone to the bank and cancelled the chek if it hadn't yet cleared.

Some people just don't understand the stress and planning that goes into travelling with an infant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • GHBEAGHBEA member

That is tacky and a poor excuse.  

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow. Just wow.

Amazingly bad manners.

• That is incredibly tacky on so many levels.
  • Wow. Tacky.  Here I am debating the registry cards.

Too bad you had already mailed it.  Can you cancel the check? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • At this point, I kind of laugh because I'm good friends with the bride and feel bad that it went more to DH.  Here is the groom, who we have both become friendly with, calling DH to make sure we left a gift.  DH just said he was very apologetic, but that it was awkward because he didn't really know why he was apologizing. 

I should have been ready for it, seeing as we were invited to a gathering the night before for people traveling where "beer and snacks will be provided - donations are accepted, but not necessary" was posted on the invite.

• imageKmhsswim:

At this point, I kind of laugh because I'm good friends with the bride and feel bad that it went more to DH.  Here is the groom, who we have both become friendly with, calling DH to make sure we left a gift.  DH just said he was very apologetic, but that it was awkward because he didn't really know why he was apologizing. 

I should have been ready for it, seeing as we were invited to a gathering the night before for people traveling where "beer and snacks will be provided - donations are accepted, but not necessary" was posted on the invite.

Who ARE these people?? Wow.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Dude that is absolutely ridiculous.  How RUDE!  I'd be more than mildly annoyed.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • kje120kje120 member
    imageKmhsswim:

At this point, I kind of laugh because I'm good friends with the bride and feel bad that it went more to DH.  Here is the groom, who we have both become friendly with, calling DH to make sure we left a gift.  DH just said he was very apologetic, but that it was awkward because he didn't really know why he was apologizing. 

Seriously?  Did they want you to chip in for the cost of the wedding, too?  That is all tacky on so many levels.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • LoCarbLoCarb member
    Incredibly tacky!  Yet, big balls on the groom for asking, I hope he felt incredibly awkward and it did not feel natural at all.
  • I'd def be annoyed! very rude and tacky!
  • imageSouthSideDrea:
    That is terrible.  His mother must be so embarassed.
    This made me laugh! My mother always says "Where was his/her mother??"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It was tacky, but it sounds like he was hoping for cash gifts at the wedding to help fund their honeymoon. I'm not excusing the behavior but I sort of understand. Weddings are expensive and even if you are a pragmatic person, it's sometimes hard to balance the checkbook along with the hopes and expectations of 'your day'.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"