Food Allergy

another epi pen ?- what does discoloration look like (PIP)?

I posted on Friday because I was on my way to a picnic with a ton of people and thought my epi pens all looked "cloudy".  I called the allergist who told me to take them to the pharmacy and have the  pharmacist look at them. He had no idea what he was looking at, but I told him that I was doing an experiment and put the expired one outside in the 95 degree sun and would see what happened and he asked me to report back.  He compared them to the ones in the pharmacy and they looked identical.  Next day they all still look the same (the expired/sun-exposed one, the ones I just got 2 weeks ago, etc.).  They just all look "cloudier" than I expected.  And I expected the sun would alter them especially for so long and when it is so hot.image  SO, are yours clear?  Colored?  This is what mine all look like (hard to get a picture).... AND I have no idea why they always double post :/

imageimage" mce_src="image"> 

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10

Re: another epi pen ?- what does discoloration look like (PIP)?

• blue33blue33 member
    I was told by the pharmacist and read on the packaging, that if the epi liquid has a pink or purplish tint that is an indication that it is not safe or effective to use. I don't know about if the cloudiness is suppose to be a indication.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i was told by my allergist and pharmasist that if it's discolored and/or cloudy than it's bad.  it should look clear.  So that to me looks bad.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemagdusia:
    i was told by my allergist and pharmasist that if it's discolored and/or cloudy than it's bad.  it should look clear.  So that to me looks bad.

So all of yours are totally clear???  It would have to be a huge lot of them with something wrong because the new ones at the pharmacy all look like mine.  UGH.  I am going to call the pharmacist, but I don't know where else to call.  I guess the company?

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • all 4 of mine look cloudy and they looked like that from the day I got them from RiteAid.  I mean, it's only slightly cloudy but I would not classify them as "clear" liquid.  Mine expire this month and have always been in a controlled environment (not excessive heat or cold) and they look the same today as they did when they were new. 

I'm guessing it's obvious when they go bad.  Have you googled expired/bad epi pen images?

• imageCourt0026:

imagemagdusia:
    i was told by my allergist and pharmasist that if it's discolored and/or cloudy than it's bad.  it should look clear.  So that to me looks bad.

So all of yours are totally clear???  It would have to be a huge lot of them with something wrong because the new ones at the pharmacy all look like mine.  UGH.  I am going to call the pharmacist, but I don't know where else to call.  I guess the company?

I haven't checked in a few weeks.  Clear as in - you can see through. It may not be clear as water, but it should not cloudy and/or discolored.  I'll check when i get home.  and google images was not helpful at all - instead, it scared me for life with the images i just had to witness. eeh.

• They aren't crystal clear but you should be able to see through them.  Yellowish, greenish, or browish hue indicates that they are bad.  Also throw out the one you left in the sun, its bad now cloudy or not. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"