North Carolina Babies

Could he really be going to ONE nap already?!?

Oh lord help me.  The past three days (not including today yet since we're still attempting nap #2) Dylan has only taken one nap...gone to bed early and slept like crap at night (waking up at 1am and then sometimes again at 4 or 6).

Our normal schedule is naptime at 11:30 and 3:30 for about an hour and a halfish.  On Friday, his regular 11:30 nap didn't happen until 1:30 and lasted about 1 1/2 hours and then he went to bed early that night..yadda yadda.  Saturday napped at 11:30 for THREE hours...again bed early and crappy sleep.  Sunday same deal except we didn't even attempt the 2nd nap.  

Today, he was acting cranky around 10:15 so I put him down and he napped 2 hours.  Now I'm attempting his second nap bc I don't think he's really ready.  As I'm typing this he's in the crib fighting it hard but showing signs of being tired and READY for a nap.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get him back to some sort of consistent schedule again. :(  What do you guys think?

Side notes: he's teething (7th tooth that is already broken through the skin but still coming in) and he has just started really pulling up on stuff and cruising.  I know the last big milestone (crawling) we had some sleep adjustments but nothing like this! 

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Could he really be going to ONE nap already?!?

• annnnnnd he's asleep!!!  YAY!  Maybe he just needed his naps spread out more since he's sleeping a little longer?  (he used to be the 30-45 min cat napper and we've slowly built to an hour to an hour and a half!!).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Totally unrelated to your post but would you please email me.  I tried to find your email but apparently I deleted it.  I have something for you.

spacegrl_viv at yahoo dot com

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • I want to say at that age Caleb was napping at 10am, then again around 2. He would sleep for about 2 hours each time. Bedtime was around 7/7:30 and he woke up around 6ish. He also woke up for a nursing session around 4.

It seems early to drop a nap. I would try to keep him busy between nap times, and maybe keep tweaking with the times and hopefully he'll adjust to the new routine

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • imageVivianLee:

Totally unrelated to your post but would you please email me.  I tried to find your email but apparently I deleted it.  I have something for you.

spacegrl_viv at yahoo dot com

Sure!  Just did.  I replied to the email convo we had a few months ago. :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebecki777:

I want to say at that age Caleb was napping at 10am, then again around 2. He would sleep for about 2 hours each time. Bedtime was around 7/7:30 and he woke up around 6ish. He also woke up for a nursing session around 4.

It seems early to drop a nap. I would try to keep him busy between nap times, and maybe keep tweaking with the times and hopefully he'll adjust to the new routine

Well the bigger picture is that Dylan wakes up between 8 & 8:30am.  Bottle, playtime, mid morning snack (sometimes playdates/library time) and then bottle again around 11 when I go upstairs to settle him down...and he's asleep bw 11:15 & 11:30 until about 1:00.  Then it's lunch time, play time and this is usually when I run my errands with him.  Bottle again around 3:15 and he's down by 3:30 until about 5:00.  Alan comes home at 6-dinner time, daddy time (mommy gets a break!) and then he goes upstairs with Alan at 8 for bath & bedtime routine.  He's asleep by 9:00...and was STTN until about 6 when he would get up with Alan before work for a bottle and immediately go back down until 8:30ish when mommy wakes up. :)

I forgot to mention that earlier in the week he would not go to sleep until about 10...so this "adjustment" has been going on a day or two before Friday.

Becky it's weird that our night schedules are roughly the same- ours is just a little later. ;)  It seems like we have the same timing in between sleeping events...just pushed up an hour or two.  Maybe it's just a phase and he'll go back to our norm?  Or maybe he's over tired from being so much more active that I need to put him down earlier...who knows!!  I'm baffled at what has been going on. =/ 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Allie went to one nap at 11 months and never looked back.  :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JuberPJuberP member

I'm late to the game, but I read your post title and thought "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!  Please, God, NOOOOOOOOO!!' since our boys are close in age.

Alex has also had some funky nap and sleep patterns going on, but I am attributing it to that dang #7 tooth taking so long to get in and the fact that he is learning and moving so much right now that he doesn't want to slow down.

Here's hoping you get more naps!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well here I am in the no 2nd nap boat again.  It's now 5:15 and Dylan will still not settle down for his 2nd nap.  I let him cry, I fed him until he refused, changed his diaper, he pooped (so he's not constipated or anything), rocked him, let him play to tire out, sat outside on the porch and watched the birds to calm him down and even went on a walk and just got back and he's still in the crib...pulling himself up, crying, flailing around like crazy....I am just done.  I've pulled out all my tricks and the sleep sheep is going strong and it's not even touching him!!!  Just when he starts rubbing his eyes and gnawing on his lovy he starts crying again.  UGH settle down baby!!  He's acting like he's over tired but this is the THIRD time I've tried to put him down.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If he doesn't fall asleep in the next 10 minutes, I'm getting ready to go to the pool.. That should really tire him out!!  We walked by and no one was there so I'm not worried about him causing a scene. ;)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • oh and one more thing.  He slept GREAT last night.  9:15pm until 8am this morning STRAIGHT.  Napped at 11:30-1:00 like normal and now THIS....  I could scream!!! lol.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I swear just posting about this works.  I may come on here everyday he doesn't nap...b*tch about it and then he'll fall asleep.  5:35 and he's out like a light.  What GIVES???

Thank goodness.  I was getting nervous about getting into a bathing suit.  Even if no one is going to be there. ugh.

/rant (for today) ;) 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"