1st Trimester
Options

Early BFP ? Does it mean anything?

My LMP was June 29 and I got my BFP on July 19. I used OPKs so I know I ovulated sometime around the 11th. With my son it was about 15 DPO before I got a positive test. The second line on the 19th was light but it only took a couple of days before it got much darker. I guess I?m just wondering if that means anything. I know it?s not necessarily a sign of twins. I guess I?m hoping that early BFP = healthy baby. :) I also read that baby girls produce more HCG so maybe I have a girl cooking in there. Just curious if anyone knew anything about early BFPs and if they have any significance.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Early BFP ? Does it mean anything?

• Options
    imageCallieSam:

My LMP was June 29 and I got my BFP on July 19. I used OPKs so I know I ovulated sometime around the 11th. With my son it was about 15 DPO before I got a positive test. The second line on the 19th was light but it only took a couple of days before it got much darker. I guess I?m just wondering if that means anything. I know it?s not necessarily a sign of twins. I guess I?m hoping that early BFP = healthy baby. :) I also read that baby girls produce more HCG so maybe I have a girl cooking in there. Just curious if anyone knew anything about early BFPs and if they have any significance.

Also, I have no idea why the text looks all jumbled up! Sorry about that.

• Options
    salt78salt78 member
    All it means is that the fertilized egg implanted on the earlier side. I had a very light BFP at 10DPO which was then very dark by 12DPO. There is only 1 baby in my ute right now. :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't know how much you can read into that. I didn't get my bfp last time around with my daughter until 17 dpo. This time it was 10dpo. Only one baby :)
  • Options
    I'm not a DR but would say it just implanted earlier rather than later. HCG levels are so sporadic and vary greatly from female to female. An early 100 could be twins for one as an early 600 could mean twins for another.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Well I had an early BFP today OV'd on the 19th and had the first positive test on the 30th (not quite as early as you)  I thought twins at first too, but read that the levels don't increase immediately and that it won't necessarily mean twins.  I didn't know about the higher HCG from girls (hope it's true).  For us we have had two ultrasounds so far and only one baby is there.  Either way congrats to you and best wishes to a healthy pregnancy!
  • Options
    I got my BFP at 10 DPO and I only have one cooking in there... doesn't mean a thing!  With DD, it was like 16-17 DPO when I finally got my BFP.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't know how reliable this is but I thought it was incredibly interesting. Especially since I got my bfps for my two kids at 10 dpo and my bfps for the c/p at 12/13 dpo....

https://www.squidoo.com/16dpo

25 - 50 hCG at 16dpo -- Four women in this study had hCG levels below 50 at this stage. The researchers concluded that with these levels less than 25% would continue on with their pregnancy with more than 75% miscarrying.

50 - 100 hCG at 16dpo -- Of 16 women, 25% continued on with their pregnancies.

100 - 199 hCG at 16dpo -- Of 27 women with these levels, 73% continued on with their pregnancies.

200 - 299 hCG at 16dpo -- Of 48 women, 96% continued on with their pregnancies

Over 300 hCG -- All 105 women continued on with their pregnancies.

It suggests that later implantation may result in unsuccessful pregnancies.

ETA: I am not suggesting all those that DON'T get an early bfp (10 dpo or sooner) are doomed. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagejuliane2004:

I don't know how reliable this is but I thought it was incredibly interesting. Especially since I got my bfps for my two kids at 10 dpo and my bfps for the c/p at 12/13 dpo....

https://www.squidoo.com/16dpo

25 - 50 hCG at 16dpo -- Four women in this study had hCG levels below 50 at this stage. The researchers concluded that with these levels less than 25% would continue on with their pregnancy with more than 75% miscarrying.

50 - 100 hCG at 16dpo -- Of 16 women, 25% continued on with their pregnancies.

100 - 199 hCG at 16dpo -- Of 27 women with these levels, 73% continued on with their pregnancies.

200 - 299 hCG at 16dpo -- Of 48 women, 96% continued on with their pregnancies

Over 300 hCG -- All 105 women continued on with their pregnancies.

It suggests that later implantation may result in unsuccessful pregnancies.

ETA: I am not suggesting all those that DON'T get an early bfp (10 dpo or sooner) are doomed. 

Thanks! That was really interesting.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"