New Jersey Babies

What to do?

Hi Ladies:

I just got laid off about a week ago, and as such, I am now a SAHM! YAY!

Problem is, I don't have any friends with babies and I haven't been able to find a playgroup for my daughter yet.  I would like to continue to build on the socializing "skills" she was learning at daycare.

Also, I am looking for budget-friendly activities that I can do with her (21 weeks old) during the day. I live in Ringwood, NJ, but did not grow up here, so I don't really know the area.

Any ideas?  TIA! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What to do?

• Have you tried Meetup.com?  That is where I found a group for my 1st born.  Also I would check out your local library and their schedule of events.  Good luck and have fun.
    Trying to conceive #2 since Oct. 2008 BFP 6/14/11, 7/5/11 - Gestational Sac measured 7 weeks 6 days, Baby measured 5 weeks 6 days, No Heartbeat, 7/11/11 - Missed Miscarriage confirmed, 7/18/11 - D&C
  • Thanks, I will check those out!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You can always try places like Gymboree or Little Gym.  Is there a YMCA around you?  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was laid off about 3 weeks ago too! Yay for more time with the baby boo for less money!

I am in Morris Plains and am trying to find cheap/free things to do with my daughter as well, she is 18 weeks. So far I have found that Barnes and Nobles has free story time on Thursdays. She is a little too young but I thought of going anyway just to get out of the house and hopefully meet new people.

Gymboree and those other places seem great but they unfortunately aren't in our budget. 

"Sometimes the littlest things take up the most room in your heart" Winnie the Pooh

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"