LGBT Parenting

One Year Ago Yesterday

It was a year ago yesterday that K left to train for her new job.  This has been the longest and shortest year of my life.  LO was just a 3 month old bundle of goo and now she's this walking talking human! lol!

I always knew I would be okay with our decision for K to take this job but as I reflect back on this year I realize I've done much better than I expected.  I've had a few moments of 'woah is me' but even those I normally just share here and then move on.

Right now I can say without a doubt that I would make the same decision today that we made a year ago Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: One Year Ago Yesterday

• I'm glad you feel good about the decision! you are a strong woman.
  • Wow, I can't believe it's already been a year!! How much longer do you have to go until she's back permanently?

I have to say, any time I hit my wall of exhaustion I think of how it must be for you and promptly cancel my pity party. :)

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Loading the player...
  • imagethiswillbe:

I have to say, any time I hit my wall of exhaustion I think of how it must be for you and promptly cancel my pity party. :)

Ditto. I was having a pity party for my self last night while the kids were acting bat-$hit crazy and I was trying to get chores done around the house and then I reminded myself that you do this all day, every day.

Good job, Mama! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • One year--wow! Congrats on such a good job :)
  • Wow! I can't believe it's been a year. Congrats for doing such a great job!
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I applaud you and applaud K! I can't imagine all you had to handle ... including the worry. You definitely need to stand up and take a bow!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Thanks all but I wasn't looking for a pat on the back.  There are many many legitimately single parents out there that have it much harder than I.  I at least have the financial support of a spouse and the benefit of having LO all to myself ;-)
  • when does K get back?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I can't believe it's been a year already! Kudos to you for making it through. I can't wait to hear about your vacation together. And yes, when is K coming home???
  • Just to clarify, she left the state to train for this job 12 months ago, but she's only been overseas for 5.5 months.  At least in those first 6.5 months we were able to see each other a handful of times.

If everything goes as planned she'll be back in about 4 months.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"