Georgia Babies
Options

Renting Disney Vacation Club points for Disney World

I know so many of yall are looking at going to disney and I highly recommend checking out renting DVC points for a villa. I just booked a Magic Kingdom view studio at Bay Lake Towers (part of the Contemporary) for half of what it would have cost me through disney or anywhere else. I went through https://www.dvc-rental.com/ Scott the owner was very helpful and gave me my options (it did help that I already knew a little about DVC since my parents have DVC points). I had to pay a $120 which is refundable if the room can not be booked. Once the room is booked (they have to do it all the booking but the room is put in your name) Scott will send me a contract and I have to pay the full balance. The downsize is once it's booked you can't cancel it. It was very easy and has saved us a bunch for our 5 night trip in February so I can run the Princess Half Marathon.

Just wanted to let yall know if you are looking at going I'd definitely check this out. I love love love staying in the villas. Usually we are in the 2 bedroom with my parents but we've also stayed in a studio and a 1-bedroom before. All very nice! Oh and I get nothing for telling yall about this so I have no  purpose except to share knowledge :)

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Renting Disney Vacation Club points for Disney World

• Options
    I am another big fan of the villas.  We usually use IL's points but I would also consider renting if they didn't have any available.  The 2 bed 2 bath villas are so awesome with kids!  Our "home" resort is Old Key West and its my favorite simply b/c they are the largest villas for the cheapest points.  The master bed/bath are HUGE and the kitchen/living/dining room area is so great for families.  Love love love it.

• Options

We just did this for our trip in December. My sister is a DVC member so we bought points and had them transferred to her. This way she can handle all the reservations for our group. Anyway, It was SO much cheaper for us to go this route versus even the best Disney deals we have seen. And the Vacation Club villas are awesome! Having the kitchen area is a huge plus when traveling with small kids/babies. Owen wants his milk in the morning! Not to mention laundry and some extra space in the rooms. This was our first time buying points and it turned out to be a very easy process. By going through the website that Daisy linked in her post, we were able to feel secure in the transaction, we did a contract with the member, and used a CC to pay that we could always dispute if something went wrong. We will probably go with this option again for future trips.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"