Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Is your LO half-Asian/half-Caucasian?

Just out of curiosity, does your LO look more Asian or more Caucasian? FYI, my LO is half-Korean (me) & half-French (DH). I think he looks more Asian..(sorry DH..^.^;) but then again, people say babies (esp half-Asian mixed babies) tend to change a lot over the first yr.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is your LO half-Asian/half-Caucasian?

• I know it's not what you asked, but DS is half white and half black (I am white, DH is black) and when he was born he was as white as me, which is pretty pale. Now next to me hes a little more "tan". IMO he looks more white right now, but I think it will change.

• My LO is half Korean (DH) and half Caucasian (me). When his eyes are closed, he looks more white but when his eyes are open, he looks more Asian. We have a friend who is also half (Japanese/white) and he said he looked way more Asian as a kid and then around 7 or 8 started to look more white. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • awww...  Your baby is adorable! My LO is half vietnamese & half white, he doesnt look asian except for his tan skin! I was so sad... I wanted a little asian baby. Maybe in time. 
    Cousin Hannah & Andrew at the park
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemsohn80:

Just out of curiosity, does your LO look more Asian or more Caucasian? FYI, my LO is half-Korean (me) & half-French (DH). I think he looks more Asian..(sorry DH..^.^;) but then again, people say babies (esp half-Asian mixed babies) tend to change a lot over the first yr.

All I can say is your baby is 100% CUTE!  :D

• Totally lurking. What a cutie! My baby is half Indian (DH) and half Polish (me). I think he looks more like my husband. His skin tone changes color from day to day too. 
  • imageglobetrotting7:
    Totally lurking. What a cutie! My baby is half Indian (DH) and half Polish (me). I think he looks more like my husband. His skin tone changes color from day to day too. 

Did your little one come out fair? My daughter is half indian and she is still pretty white.

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO is half Vietnamese (DH) and half caucasian. Sometimes I think he looks more Asian, sometimes not. Depends on his expression and if his eyes are open and closed. His skin tone is pretty much right in the middle, as I'm super pale and DH is pretty dark.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm lurking from the 3rd tri, but just wanted to say my brother and his wife (who is Korean) have a little boy that def. looks more Korean than white, but you can still see a lot of my brother's features in him, which is so cool! 

Here is a pic of my nephew Jude :)

JT by ashleygayle87, on Flickr

• In our circle of friends, of all the ethnically mixed kids, the first child looks more ethnic/like mom and the second looks white/like dad.

• My LO is half Chinese (DH) and half white. I think she looks more Asian than white at this point...she is tanner than me and her eyes have an epicanthal fold. But like everyone else has said, her skin tone seems to change every day!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD is half South Korean and half mutt (I'm a combo of Czech, Native American, English and Irish) and her facial features are just like her dads. Her skin is also already darker than mine so I officially have the "palest family member' title.

• My LO is half Filipino (me) and half black (DH).  Everyone swears he looks just like me because of his eyes.  However, when we show people pics of DH when he was a newborn they say LO looks like a combination of us.  lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jsongjsong member
    My LO is half Korean ( me) and half Polish.  When he was born, he looked more Asian but now, he looks more like his dad.  He has all of his dad's features.  He does have my dimples when he smiles.
  • Was your son born tan ? My baby boy Noah is half Indian and half Mexican and he is so fair lol.
  • imagekatiewhompus:

Her skin is also already darker than mine so I officially have the "palest family member' title.

Ha ha...I can totally relate to this. I'm a redhead so I am by far the palest family member.

My DD is half Chinese (MH) and half Caucasian (me). I definitely think she looks more Asian but other babies I know looked more Asian at birth and slowly began to look more Caucasian as they grew up. 

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Yout LO definitely looks full on Korean. Our DD is only 1/4 Korean and we are not sure just how Korean she will look. Lol. DH is half Korean, half white (Irish & Hungarian). In his baby and toddler pics, he looks full on Asian! As he got older, he started looking more obviously mixed. It also throws people off that he looks Asian and is so tall--6'1". People just can't get over a tall Asian for some reason. :)
  • my friend is caucasian and her dh is filipino. Her DS looks 100% filipino, her DD looks like she is mixed, but you can still tell she's filipino. She has more caucasian features than her brother.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"