Military Families
Options

Due 03/24, need some military-wife advise!

Hello Everyone,

I'm Anna.  We just found out we're expecting this past Monday and couldn't be more excited.  I was so happy to see there's a miliatary family site, because our experiences are like no one elses.  My husband is stationed across the country and will retire a few months after I give birth.  Does anyone know of any resources that might be available since I really don't have a lot of close ties and my family is a bit a way too. 

Thanks!

Re: Due 03/24, need some military-wife advise!

• Options
    Def. take advantage of all of the free classes you can get at fleet and family during pregnancy.  They have everything from baby budget classes, to safety, to breastfeeding. Also they usually have tons of groups for each base, play groups, mommy to be groups, you name it!  I think it's the baby budgeting class that they also give you a starter bag.  Full of onsie's and burp cloths ect.    Also look into the base hospitals they ahve many of those classes as well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've never heard of fleet and family. Can you give us a website?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fleet and Family is a Navy program if I recall correctly. Every branch has a different form of support. For the USMC it's MCCS and MCTFB. Not sure what it is for the other branches. OP what branch is your H? Are you currently living with him? You made it sound like he was on one coast and you on the other? That makes it a bit different. If you aren't living at or near the base he is at you may not be able to take part in their classes. Only because you have to be there. But if you are near a base and you have your ID you should be able to use the facilities that that base has. Do check Militaryonesource.com, it has a lot of support to offer to.
  • Options

OPERATION SPECIAL DELIVERY! :)  I did it and it was the best choice I could have ever made in the delivery of my daughter!!!!  Can't wait for DH to come back and see DD!

www.operationspecialdelivery.com

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    I LOVE MY THREE KIDS! :)
    imageimageimage
    Want great discounts?? Want to earn free Scentsy or even earn some extra money??
    Click on the logo and ask me how!
  • Options
    Sorry I never even processed they had different names when i wrote it out because our bases here- airforce, army, all use fleet and family.  

https://www.cnic.navy.mil/CNIC_HQ_Site/WhatWeDo/FleetandFamilyReadiness/FamilyReadiness/FleetAndFamilySupportProgram/CNICD_A065580
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Air force is the Airman and Family Readiness Center. :) And they have some amazing programs! Each base has one and you can walk in or call and get any information that you need.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"